BA turnround time

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• DavidSmith2
    Participant

Waiting for our flightfrom Accra to London in a couple of hours. I realised that BA has brought forward the London departure time by around an hour, compared to how it has been for the last 4 years, at least. So now it has a 4 hour turnround in Accra, rather than the 3 hous that was previously the case.

I’d be interested if anyone can shed light on the rationale for this, if any, as it would seem that it is simply a dead hour. Unless maybe there is an impact on staff rosters or something?

cybertravller
    Participant

Hi David,

When I was crew, we used to do LGW-MLA and had a 4-hour turnaround in MLA. As long as the crew are within flight limitation hours, then I suspect this is due to some slot shifting at LHR.

That sounds like a long shift for the crew though.

YorkshireTraveller
    Participant

Likely to be restrictons on early morning arrivals at LHR to avoid circling and wasting fuel.

FrDougal
    Participant

[postquote quote=1359996]

The crew nightstop in ACC so this would not affect them.

DavidSmith2
    Participant

[postquote quote=1360015]

The Accra=London flight still departs at the same time and gets into LHR shortly after 6am. It is the LHR_Accra flight which now departs an hour earlier. I can see why that means that the Accra flight cannot leave any earlier than it does, but it doesnrt explain why the outward leg departure time has been changed.

Down under
    Participant

If the arrival time in LHR remains the same, it might have to do with DLS and Africa not doing it?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls