BA to trial pre-order of meals.

Back to Forum
Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)

• Raffles99
    Participant

I didn’t get my first choice of meal when I flew BA F to Dubai (and I’m Gold) 3 weeks ago …..

FormerlyDoS
    Participant

‘Many say things like ‘i’ve paid £4k for a ticket and I can’t get my choice of meal’

I support them 100%. BA is the only airline where I have not got my first choice in business class, wait, that’s wrong, it once happened on Etihad and they gave me a bottle of LPGS as a service recovery gesture.

If BA roll out pre-selected menus, it will be a good thing for me, as I really got fed up of having to have what’s left, which is often a piece of steak that would make a good pair of mocassins.

I’ve been ordering special meals for a long time now and it would be nice to have a proper pre order menu.

CXDiamond
    Participant

Not before time, I would have thought they just needed to get on with this one. It must be fifteen years since SIA introduced this. Nice to see BA attempting to catch up.

rferguson
    Participant

When will CX’s turn to catch up come CXDiamond? Lol only joking.

I think anyone hoping BA’s pre-ordered meal will be anything like SQ’s ‘book the cook’ will be disappointed.

SQ’s system is fundamentally about increased choice. BA’s is more about ensuring you will receive the meal you want – subject to the four main meal options available.

So BA STILL has a long way to go to emulate SQ’s pre ordering service.

SergeantMajor
    Participant

As we haven’t actually seen what this new innovation will be like, I find your prescience on this matter startling.

I’m looking forward to trying t out (only on NYC services to start, I understand) but this should ensure more people get their first choice, while less food is wasted/thrown away and needlessly uplifted around the world.

I’d always stick with the soup and Catch of the Day exLHR, and am never disappointed.

Another example of how technology can save money and improve the customer experience.

FormerlyDoS
    Participant

“As we haven’t actually seen what this new innovation will be like, I find your prescience on this matter startling.”

As RF works for BA, I find his prescience reassuring.

JohnHarper
    Participant

‘ SergeantMajor – 21/11/2013 14:20 GMT

I’d always stick with the soup and Catch of the Day exLHR, and am never disappointed.’

But don’t BA pride themselves on the quality of their beef and yet you don’t eat it Krug? Perhaps their catering is not that good after all if you can’t choose freely from the menu.

SimonS1
    Participant

Indeed John. A reassuring recommendation from someone who told us about Plane Food.

And what exactly is “catch of the day” at Heathrow these days ;

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls