BA to roster A321neo for LHR-CAI for part July

Back to Forum
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• AMcWhirter
    Participant

In case any readers are intending to travel to Cairo with British Airways this month I thought I ought to highlight our news story of today.

It means BA will be using a short-haul A321neo instead of the normal wide-body aircraft (including Air Belgium’s A340 which had featured once or twice).

The A321neo is being deployed from LHR between 09-19 July. From CAI the dates are 10-20 July (as the plane overnights).

British Airways to deploy short-haul A321 on London-Cairo route

esselle
    Participant

So does this mean the seating is CE equivalent rather than J as it has been in the past?

If so not good news for this longish flight.

Folium
    Participant

Whatever happened to the mid-haul A321s with a “proper” business seat that came with the acquisition of bmi? Flew on them once to TLV and back. Great experience.

SimonS1
    Participant

The mid haul aircraft are still around but BA is trying to do too much with available fleet, especially with 787 engine issues.

5 hours in CE (‘economy with empty middle’) seating…..yuk.

AMcWhirter
    Participant

[quote quote=947561]So does this mean the seating is CE equivalent rather than J as it has been in the past?[/quote]

As noted in the piece (see final paragraph) BA will provide Club Europe rather than Club World.

The website must surely have been changed by now (Thursday evening) because when I checked Ba.com this morning no business class details were displayed.

Folium
    Participant

[quote quote=947594]The mid haul aircraft are still around but BA is trying to do too much with available fleet, especially with 787 engine issues.

5 hours in CE (‘economy with empty middle’) seating…..yuk.[/quote]

Doesn’t 5 hours qualify as mid-haul? What routes are those ex-bmi planes flying now?

SimonS1
    Participant

Amman, Beirut and some Moscow flights I believe.

traveldoc1
    Participant

Flew Beirut-London earlier this year on a mid-haul (ex-BMI) A321. Really nice J Class

rferguson
    Participant

This used to happen every now and then on the TLV route when we had the 767 aircraft. A longhaul configured one would be switched for a short haul one. Back then the ‘compensation’ was reasonable. Being 2 x 2 x 2 on the short haul 767 each customer was given two seats as well as around £400. We always expected to endure furious customers but quite a few were delighted – they were travelling at the behest of their employer and had just pocketed £400.

I think LH takes the award for the worlds worst business class longhaul flight on a short haul aircraft. Frankfurt to Pune with a refueling stop in Baku. Thankfully it was short lived. Ten hours in total.

Lufthansa Is Launching The World’s Worst Flight

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls