BA to Phuket

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

• Anonymous

silvertray
    Participant

Rumor has it a training Captain is currently over in Phuket looking at Flight crew hotels and the approach into the airport.

New route? Watch this space…..

Hippocampus
    Participant

Interesting. Thank you! Keep us posted if you hear anything more.

Delsurrey
    Participant

On a recent trip to the Maldives one of the cabin crew told me this was a possibility – please let it be true, travelling via Bangkok is a pain when travelling with BA as you have to exit as an international passeneger and then check in again as a domestic passenger to get to Phuket!

StephenLondon
    Participant

Seems more like a 787 route to me…perhaps planning for the future?

I recall seeing footage of an IL86 or IL96 just scraping over the fence at Phuket…I’ll see if I can find it and post a link…it is amazing footage. They cleared the fence by about 2 metres!

Sparepocket
    Participant

Oh dear, this could well turn out to be one of BA’s most unpleasant flights…all those drunken builders and proles heading out to Thailand for some cheap “sucky-f*cky” and Pad Thai!

VintageKrug
    Participant

Airpocket/Sparepocket

I generally ignore all your posts – and would encourage others to do the same, given the history of this poster.

If you have nothing productive to post, or cannot resist using expletives in whatever context, it is probably best not to post at all.

Hopefully your school holiday will be over soon.

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

Weirdly enough, Sparepocket’s email address is Tom Motley.

Or at least it was.

Banned.

DisgustedofSwieqi
    Participant

Justly banned, but he may have a point.

Delsurrey
    Participant

Disgusted, it is not usually a problem for those of us at the front of the aircraft and I have not met many of these types at the Banyan Tree in Phuket!

NewBAexec
    Participant

I do not see why BA would fly to Phuket. Is there that much of a demand?

Also I don’t see Phuket as a premium leisure route, it is definitely leisure but not “premium”. Same as Sharm El Sheik, not premium at all and now it has been dropped.

BA should concentrate more on long term routes and profit driven, like Caracas, Bogota, Havana and Santiago.

JohnnyFox
    Participant

Don’t see why this justifies banning, the expletive was asterisked and Sparepocket is entitled to his opinion.

However, it’s inaccurate – Phuket’s more family and backpacker traffic, wouldn’t the sex tourists be heading for Pattaya on Bangkok flights?

If BA are investigating HKT as a destination, it’s to find a summer usage for the Gatwick aircraft made spare from SSH and MLE rotations, otherwise as posters suggest, BA could chase more core J class business on viable Asian routes. Surprised BA never returned to Colombo, Manila or Kuala Lumpur for example.

poisonedcabinair
    Participant

HKT is does not have as much appeal in Summer due to Monsoon …..June to October… Better on Gulf of Siam side at that time of year

poisonedcabinair
    Participant

HKT is does not have as much appeal in Summer due to Monsoon …..June to October… Better on Gulf of Siam side at that time of year

jet72uk
    Participant

I’ve also heard this. There is no reason why a weekly service wouldnt work.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls