BA to Moscow, WTP gone ?

Back to Forum

Tagged: 

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• travelwell
    Participant

Flew LHR to DME a couple of months and was able to fly on a 777 in WTP and just tried to Book the same again for December and WTP is no longer there just World traveller or club on an A321. Did they make an aircraft type change permanently ? Why ? And for how long ? Thanks

ImissConcorde
    Participant

Looks like it will be back (on the Domodedovo Airport service) when the summer service starts March 28th.

Switzerlanding
    Participant

They usually switch to the 321 over winter then back to the 787, 777 and 321 mix during the summer.

KirillM
    Participant

There’s never been WTP on A321. Generally speaking, BA has three flights to Moscow (DME and SVO), one of which is on a a wide-body aircraft that has WTP and two on a narrow-body. The problem is that sometimes they just remove a service, and it is usually the former.

Johnhighlander
    Participant

Came across this very issue last month and the flight and metal was, in Economy, the worst I have experienced on BA! This version of the A321 which is the former BMI metal I believe are terrible with seating out of the dark ages! Also, best buying your food before the flight as what is offered on a 4+ hrs flight is rubbish!

MarkCymru
    Participant

Aeroflot, on the other hand, has a very nice business class product on all its narrow bodies (better than US first class) and often flies A330s with lie-flat seats. The food is quite good. It charges less than BA — its business probably costs about the same as BA WTP — and they’re generally a good deal more pleasant too.

Otte
    Participant

I also find SU to be a good choice for traveling business wether just to Russia and beyond.
    Seats are comfy,food is OK plus,most of their crews are pleasant,perfectly groomed,service oriented,with the odd communist SU attitude…but I will take SU in n instant ISO of others.
    Even in Y/Cl they serve decent food,and each time I fly I see an improvement in their service.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller September / October 2020 edition
Business Traveller September / October 2020 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls