BA to launch LHR-Haneda and Buenos Aires routes

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)

• JordanD
    Participant

Further quirk now being reported on the very reliable Airline Route website, is that from next March, the flights get quicker – my rough maths (which includes consideration for the one hour later arrival/departure at LHR for the summer time shift), is that it is 20 minutes quicker on the way to HND and 40 minutes quicker on the way back.

till 26MAR11

BA007 LHR0805 – 0500+1HND 777 x23

BA008 HND0625 – 1000LHR 777 x34

eff 27MAR11

BA007 LHR0945 – 0525+1HND 777 x23

BA008 HND0655 – 1110LHR 777 x34

Anyone else got an explanation for that?

AMcWhirter
    Participant

Anyone else got an explanation for that ?

Probably it’s the fact that headwinds/tailwinds over Siberia are less/greater during the summer months.

JordanD
    Participant

I’d agree – except it is shorter in both directions!

VintageKrug
    Participant

Winds, and probably an element of bedding in once local procedures (boarding/baggage loading etc.) become bedded in.

I think the JFK-LCY service had a considerable amount of padding in the schedules initially such that you almost always arrived 20-30 mins earlier than scheduled, in my experience.

Alasdair
    Participant

Buenos Aires has never been busy from LHR, wonder why they are wasting their time on this one?

Bucksnet
    Participant

A non-stop flight will enable BA to get more connections from around Europe. Lufthansa have a daily 747 from FRA and that carries mostly connecting traffic.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls