BA tier points from one world partners

Back to Forum
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Anonymous

JetLag75
    Participant

I have been a long time reader of the articles and posts on the site, but this will be my first post. The question that I have for the forum, is based on the monthly trip I make to Basra in Iraq and the accrual of Avios and Tier points.

I had until recently been making this trip using either Turkish or Emirates, for which I would receive air miles for both sectors. However I found that I can make the trip on Royal Jordanian. I saw this as an opportunity to increase my Avios and tier point status with BA. I ensured my executive club number was added during check in and after the flight expected the miles to be automatically added to my account. Several weeks later still no miles for the four sectors on Royal Jordanian. Now starts the saga with the executive club help team, requesting more details of the flight despite all the flight details being on my executive club account and a reminder that I should give my ff number during check in……
    Flight details were sent and four weeks later still nothing. I asked for an update and have been informed that despite being a one world partner the leg from Amman to Basra is not eligible for miles. However when I check the one world website it shows as an eligible flight through BA and its one world partners. My question is that as other one world partners will allow you to accrue miles on the basra sector, am I being fobbed off by BA. Secondly if and when I do get the tier points added to the account, it would have moved me up to a gold account will BA retrospectively add any of the air miles multipliers for flights that i would have taken during that time, while they continue to investigate there incompetence.

I hope the second part makes sense. I look forward to any feedback.

slotski
    Participant

I am not sure about your second point, but a play on the BA website: indicates you should be awarded 5 tier points for discounted economy class (or 40 for business class) for AMM-BSR with RJ

See link below

https://www.britishairways.com/travel/flight-calculator/execclub/_gf/en_gb

I had a quick read on Flyertalk and it appears delays posting RJ flights to BAEC are not uncommon. See below

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1549163-royal-jordanian-posting-tier-points.html

MrDarwin
    Participant

If Avios and TPs are your thing, have you considered QR? A quick check and you could get the evening a380 from LHR with a short connection to Basra, and coming back is a morning departure from Basra with a short connection to an a380 day flight.

StephenLondon
    Participant

Delays do happen with the posting of points / avios from RJ…it seems they upload a file once per week to BA, when they remember! But in the end, they do post. I think patience is your key ally, here.

I cannot find any exclusion for Basra. It is a scheduled flight, and it comes up on the Avios calculator – if you can screen shot this and send it to Exec Club, I’m sure they will be able to be more supportive.

You’d have to write and state your case to BA about retro-claiming Gold bonuses. As I mentioned above, it isn’t necessarily BA’s fault…RJ can be slow in sending the file, so until that time, BA are somewhat blind to the matter.

NTarrant
    Participant

Last year I travelled RUH-AMM-LCA and return with RJ out on a Thursday and the points and avios were credited by Saturday. However the return journey a week later on a Friday took almost two weeks before being credited.

Don’t forget also that you have to do four flights on BA to ensure moving up the tier ladder each membership year.

JetLag75
    Participant

Thanks for all of the replies and advice. I did indeed submit a new request for the Amman To Basra sector to exec club, with a screen shot of BA’s own tier point calculator. The lady I am dealing with still remains adamant that in consultation with senior management, that particular flight is not eligible.
    I find this quite misleading on BA’s side as their calculator shows that points can be earned when travelling that route with either RJ or Qatar. In reply to Mr Darwin, I have one more flight booked on RJ and then I will switch to a Qatar. I have been trying, unsuccessfully to fly on RJ’s 787, on problem is that the last three times its been changed to either an A321 or A330.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls