BA tier points carry-over

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Anonymous

JeremyLock
    Participant

My tier point collection year-end straddles a trip to the US. Does anyone know if BA will allow the outbound points to be credited in the new year at the same time as those of the return flight as they have no value to me in the current year?

HongKongLady
    Participant

No,in my experience they won’t, they are awarded when the sector has taken place.

openfly
    Participant

HongKongLady…it happened to me and, you are correct, the Tier Points are split at anniversary date.

Would it not be an incentive to allow something like 10% of the “lost” Tier Points to be carried over…particularly with Gold, above 1500 TPs? Think about it BA…you know it makes sense!

passionateflyer
    Participant

Hi Jeremy, the official stance is no exceptions. However, if you take the time write a letter to them, explain that the trip was delayed and you had intended to take it in your current membership year and would they consider extending your membership year by X amount of days to allow you to acquire enough tier points for a Silver/Gold renewal, they will consider making an exception (they did with me).

Exceptions are done on a case by case basis, and there is no guarantee. Consideration for exceptions is ONLY possible if you put the request in writing, and exceptions to the rules will only be considered for Silver/Gold memberships. Note also how I recommend that you phrase your request, as outlined above.

In addition, I recommend you write to them right at the end of your membership year, otherwise they will merely respond saying you need to fly with them some more before the end of your membership year etc. I hope that helps 🙂

ViajeroUK
    Participant

Skyteam system is quite good, if you accumulate more Tier points than you need in ‘your ‘ year, the excess are carried over to the next year. eg 40,000 tier points needed to retain status, you actually earn 50,000, the ‘extra’ 10,000 are carried over to the next earning year, not lost as they would be with OW.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls