BA technical issues

Back to Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)

• canucklad
    Participant

Sadly ” Going tech” is a BA euphamism for fallen below the profit line for that flight….re-booking on the next flight and compensation is the more economical option……

has happened to me, more than once on the EDI > LHR route, hence the reason I was uber loyal to BD !

No way to prove it though…..my own experiance, asking the crew on the 2nd flight what the problem was…..,mumbled reply, and they didn’t know 1st flight had been cancelled at LHR…..and by their reaction, it definately wasn’t for tech issues…..

With passenger for both flights now on the consolidated aircraft, there was still quite a few empty seats….

Totally agree with Bucksnet, and the question has to be asked, have they thrown in the towel and concedede DXB to EK ?…..preparing the BA loyal for the QR tie up, maybe…..

peter19
    Participant

although we talk about low season this is the time expats are starting to head in and out of the country esp out from DXB to LHR at the start of july. The demand you would think must be there and although a highly competitive route and so many airlines, EK are often much more expensive. It would seem strange that they would just cancel the route so it must be tech with the aircraft on this particular route. Saying that i was checking out the prices for next week and they are reasonable for a last min trip which would suggest plenty seats to fill.

TominScotland
    Participant

Th reality is that none of us know exactly why BA were forced/ chose to cancel these flights.

Worth reflecting, though, that BA are by no means unique in cancelling flights on a regular basis, see, for example

Qantas – http://www.theqantassource.com

and

KLM – http://www.theklmsource.com

SimonS1
    Participant

Reports on the web of another BA saga on Wednesday’s BA87 Vancouver.

The first plane had an engine fault and had to abort takeoff. The passengers were transferred to a second plane, however one did not make it and the crew ran out of hours. Another crew could not be found at LHR, and hotels were busy so passengers invited to make their own arrangements or sleep on the Sofitel ballroom floor.

At 11am yesterday passengers loaded onto a third plane which then went tech. The 4th boarding eventually left 27 hours late.

Cheers BA and Eur600 all round.

connorJohnson
    Participant

how comes tenerife south keeps being diverted

Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls