BA taste of London..tickets??

Back to Forum
Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)

• BigDog.
    Participant

AOTG – Pertaining to a comment you made elsewhere about hands AOTG …. was that off camera?

edit mmm 😉

AllOverTheGaff
    Participant

No, but it was on the button!

😉

millionsofmiles
    Participant

Now that the event is over…

Did anyone go there and meet someone like WW and discuss BA cuisine with him or his fellow EVPs?

openfly
    Participant

My tickets didnt arrive!! The ticket company got nasty on the phone, on a premium rate 0870 number. So, I didnt go. Mastercard are disputing the payment and refunding me the money. Left a nasty ”Taste of London” in my mouth” !! The tickets were originally booked via BA.com. Technically they were the sales agents, but refused to accept this and also refused to help. Nothing changes….

esselle
    Participant

“……….research showed that, even though tickets had been purchased in advance, our customers actually preferred not to receive them, and so we decided to withdraw their distribution. We will, of course, keep the situation under review……….”

HongKongLady
    Participant

Thank you Jetplane and Mrs Jetplane, I am now kicking myself for not going. There was too much puff and nonsense on the forum so I thought it wasn’t worth the effort, obviously I was wrong so if I am in the UK next year I will give it a whirl.
    OpenFly, having had a similar problem recently with online tickets for another event not arriving, I can sympathise that often customer services are run by stupid people. I quote ‘you must have received the tickets, we sent them’ ! They obviously thought I just liked to pass my time ringing them and listening to their lovely soothing music !!
    Esselle, 🙂 I let out a little chuckle.

travelworld
    Participant

I wand but forgot my tickets- so they just issued duplicates without any fuss on the door. I enjoyed it, went to both Height Cuisine and the BA exec club tent. No, WW wasn’t there, nor anyone else from BA senior management as far as I could see.

All in all an enjoyable evening although I can’t quite understand why such a fuss was made of it on the forum..

openfly
    Participant

Hi Esselle…thanks for that. Totally different story to that from the premium rate phone number and BA. Lets hope they get their act together next year, but I doubt it. Now that it is all over I notice that the promoter of the event, Becky Boop, seems to vanished! Can we all use BT to promote our companies?

openfly
    Participant

To Esselle and HongkongLady…..amazing eh!? Maybe better next year.

The promoter of the event BeckyBoop has disappeared. Probably back next March……

davey_boy
    Participant

I admit I gave in to both BeckyBoop and VintageKrug and did go to the ToL event on the first day. More out of curiosity and on the off chance I might meet either or other forum members sadly neither was on hand or if they were did not let themselves known. However they are well known to some of the BA staff on hand who admitted they knew of them but had never met either. BA had two stands one of which was a lounge for card holders for blue and above (I am neither so was not permitted to enter). The second was a tent devoted to Height Cuisine where they ran to different tasting sessions. One was themed on afternoon tea and the other A380 meals. Due to high demand for the tastings you could only attend one but not both. I took the A380 tasting which was hosted by BA’s lead menu designer and served a starter of prawn salad followed by a main course of “bibimbab” (a Korean dish) followed by a cheesecake type dessert. All courses where tasting size and were paired with a variety of wines which was good. After the tastings we sat outside the tent and BA cabin crew served us samples of the afternoon tea selection and ice cream all of which was complementary. They also has a separate tasting on the wines however I was unable to attend that session as it conflicted with another. I did inquire if any of the BA management team were on hand to the cabin crew working on site and they informed they would be attending in the evening after work.

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls