BA taste of London..tickets??

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)

• Anonymous

openfly
    Participant

I booked for this event through BA.Com a month ago. I have had no acknowledgement from BA by email and no tickets received. I phoned the Exec Club and was told that it is nothing to do with BA, but a ticket agency called CT and contact has to be made with them on a very premium rate number to chase up the tickets. Is anyone else having the same problem? Any ideas? Another BA shambles…..

openfly
    Participant

I have just phoned the number and after the mandatory expensive holding time, and recorded chat, the tickets will be ”dispatched 7 days before the booked event”. I suppose if they get ”lost in the post” I can phone them again on the expensive number….cynical or what?!

VintageKrug
    Participant

The tickets have historically arrived by post about a week prior to the show, as is the case all the time with many of the theatre and opera tickets I book on many sites.

It’s standard procedure…

As the show is on in Regent’s Park from Thursday 20-Sunday 23 June, I’d expect tickets to arrive from next week.

You can but two tickets for £28 in total for the Thursday or Friday sessions here, don’t forget your Gold/Silver card or load your phone with the BA App for access to BA’s hospitality tent:

http://www.ba.com/taste

openfly
    Participant

Tickets still not arrived. To chase tickets up do not call the expensive 0870 number, but use 02072443169….Joanne at Taste of London (BB?!)

VintageKrug
    Participant

I would wait until tomorrow.

It should be remembered that seetickets.com is administering the tickets sales, and I find them largely reliable, though be careful with the marketing selections you make as they start spamming almost immediately!

ConcordeFlyer
    Participant

VK.
    As an authority on most things BA, I need some advice/help.
    I intend to go to Taste London this weekend – ideally Saturday PM.
    I have a BA Silver Exec. card and want to make the most of my time and the opportunity whilst there.
    I also wish to obtain some tickets with VIP access at a reasonable rate.
    Any thoughts/ideas ?
    Thank you.

VintageKrug
    Participant

I wouldn’t bother with VIP access, as the VIP access just gets you a free glass of ‘poo.

You need to take your BAEC Silver/Gold/Prem to get into the BA tent, which is where the real value is.

Don’t forget to register immediately on entering for any special events in the central pavilion.

Here is currently the best publicly available offer, though there are some better deals out there, and some sessions are sold out:

http://tasteoflondon.seetickets.com/tour/taste-of-london?OfferCode=MM18

jetplane
    Participant

Right chaps is Mr WW going to be there, I wonder? Have Wellies & waterproofs and just need to ask if anyone wants anything in paricular addressed. I doubt the BA half witted big wigs would dare show their faces, but we live in hope and expect accountability. I’ll be the one with The Economist held upside down from 6pm onwards today !!

HongKongLady
    Participant

Now I am wishing I had bought a ticket…….jet plane, report back.

BigDog.
    Participant

HKLady, contrary to VK’s assertion, the premium for a VIP ticket last year was worth it –

a) fasttracked through entrance saving 10+ mins queuing in the rain and mud.
    b) Additional spacious lounge to have a respite from the showers.
    c) Recipe book to give to a friend.
    d) More taste crowns which nearly paid for the extra cost of the VIP ticket.

The great unflossed were certainly not mixing in the BAEC area when I was there.

Raffles99
    Participant

I had a VIP ticket for yesterday. It was worth it to the extent it let me get to the BA Height Cuisine site first and so guarantee a slot on the First Class food tasting.

However …

After 3 courses of F food and 3 small glasses of wine at Height Cuisine, plus a further 7 small glasses of wine at the tasting in the BA tent, plus a further 5-6 glasses of champagne in the BA tent, plus a lot of food in the Ba tent, I could not face anything else.

I ended up giving away £16 of my £20 of VIP crowns. I did get the free champagne in the VIP lounge but that was frankly just for some fresh air as BA were continuing to serve it up!

jetplane
    Participant

Yes Big Dog we are on VIP too, Mrs Jet Plane values the extra crowns and fast track that comews with it, she and I have been going since it started and we have witnessed much of the decline. The best fun is always to be had with Sipsmiths, Youngs & Co and the West Indian stalls, others are also rans. Must try harder. HK Lady, gosh that might be my first Trip report 😉

BigDog.
    Participant

Raffles – by filling up on the BA stand imo you missed great opportunity to sample a far greater range of cuisine using your crowns. Perchance were you hoping to give Willie et al some feedback?
    Though Jetplane I thought last year the Thai area was the winner.

Edit: Nice review on HeadforPoints though Raffles plus pics within the comments.

AllOverTheGaff
    Participant

If only someone had mentioned it on this forum, I might have went.

Oh well.

Rgds,
    AOTG.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls