BA T5 First lounge…disaster.

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 215 total)

• FormerlyDoS
    Participant

“LH Senator Lounges MUC/FRA: despite the recent investments in new facilities, I find the lounges crowded and nowhere near the BA Galleries First Lounge.”

I agree in general, but these LH lounges offer a quieter area, with loungers for resting/sleeping, which is lacking in BAs lounges – a surprising omission given that they handle a lot of transfer traffic.

If I have a longish connection, this feature alone will influence me to fly LH, before I start thinking about the relative merits of the terminals, security etc..

JohnPhelanAustralia
    Participant

“FormerlyDoS – 07/05/2013 13:09 GMT

I find it frustrating that BT has not moved to a password accessed controlled environment, where we could post under our own names and that would stop any nonsense in its tracks.

Knowing a few people on the forum, I think it would make it a lot better place.”

I could not agree more !!!!!!!

I will add, though, that the personal abuse is far from one-sided; both sides seem to dish it out (one considerably more viciously than the other).

FormerlyDoS
    Participant

“I will add, though, that the personal abuse is far from one-sided; both sides seem to dish it out (one considerably more viciously than the other).”

There is more to it than two sides, there are also some personal vendettas.

It needs to stop.

TominScotland
    Participant

Meandering back to topic, I am currently sitting in the First Lounge in T5 and have searched high and low and in vain for the disaster experienced by other posters. Today it is a quiet haven, looks spruce and the breakfast offering is well stocked, very fresh and appetising. All I can assume is that BA and Baxters read these posts and have got things beautifully sorted. Well done to both!!

Henkel.Trocken
    Participant

Given the way contract changes work and the general application of TUPE in these circumstances, it’s likely that the staff on the ground are the same people as they were last month. I don’t therefore understand why they should be having problems as the environment is totally familiar to them.

TominScotland
    Participant

HT, I know the catering business, I am watching the staff go about their duties as I type this, THEY DO NOT HAVE PROBLEMS, things are running very smoothly and the staff are friendly and smiling. Therefore, no issue!!

openfly
    Participant

TominScotland.

Thats good to hear. Have they reinstated the superb breakfast cold collation? Were the fruit salads and compotes back?
    Have they reverted to pots of marmalade etc…rather than large uncovered dishes, that passengers can sneeze over? Would hope that the black pudding, tomatoes and hash browns are back!

HongKongLady
    Participant

May I back track a little. I enjoy the lounges at Heathrow but do not know the rudimentals of how they are staffed and who is providing the catering. I was aware via this site that change was afoot but did someone, on page one of this thread, possibly Esselle although maybe not page one or indeed Esselle ! say that the Concorde lounge was the first lounge to have the new broom swept over it ? If so when did it happen ? Does the new caterer provide their own staff? This may well be why the lovely efficient ladies have gone. Please enlighten me.

TominScotland
    Participant

openfly, those specifics I cannot answer – I boarded before I got your message. Anyway, do these specifics matter? The world changes, some things are certainly much better (as CXDiamond noted) and I am sure that others may have changed in a way that is not to your liking. All I can say is that the food looked great and appetising and that the staff were on top of their game. Can you ask for more?

I have never used the BA lounge at LGW. How does it compare with the First Lounge at LHR?

I have just read fastphil’s post – 06/05/2013 21:59 GMT. Like your handle 🙂

esselle
    Participant

Oh dear oh dear.

In the BA F lounge in T5. The white wines have gone from good quality to mediocre, same for the reds, although the champagnes appear unchanged.

Hot and cold buffets now only just on a par with the regular Galleries offer.

Biscuits etc in jars, empty shelves everywhere.

Imagine the savings!!

openfly
    Participant

TominScotland ….thanks for that. The staff are unchanged, just as friendly as before. They are so polite and full of apologies for the changes. But glad it looked ok for you.

Hi alexpo1…. The LGW First lounge has always been the poor relation to its LHR big brother. About six months ago there was a lot of excitement when poached eggs and baked beans were added to the menu at breakfast! I gather that the fresh fruit salad, fruit compotes, cheese and cold meats have been removed as at T5 First….all part of the cut-backs.

Esselle…Not good eh??! Such a shame.

esselle
    Participant

Just had a “Thai red curry”. No meat in it. Never had vegetarian red curry before. Don’t look for bread, there isn’t any. Is it April 1st?

FormerlyDoS
    Participant

Those are enhancements, esselle, requested by customers to help them with their dieting 😉

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 215 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls