BA T5 First lounge…disaster.

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 215 total)

• Henkel.Trocken
    Participant

BeckyBoop – 07/05/2013 12:41 GMT

So the first one to pop up was the PA who never seems to do any work!

FormerlyDoS
    Participant

Be Nice

Isn’t it time you changed your handle?

Avios are not snapped up, they are added to an account as an unsolicited elixir for all problems.

I have more than enough for my needs, 5,000 is neither here nor there and is irritating, as it represents a culture of pacify the customer, not build quality into the system.

Ever thought that I may take more flights than you? I have about 1,200 in the past 10 years, how about you?

I’ve probably made 10-15 complaints in that time, representing about 1.2% of journeys, hardly frequent whinging.

Or do you just have very low expectations? Like it’s okay for the airline to delay your arrival by 12 hours?

BA complaints have included

– being charged 3 times for the same ticket (which cost £4,500) and not credited until a complaint was raised and which caused an adverse impact on my credit rating, as I exceeded my cc credit limit

– being abandoned overnight, at Heathrow, because BA chose to cancel a flight and not provide a viable alternative

– a security breach

Now which of the above do you find trivial?

Henkel.Trocken
    Participant

DoS – I think BeNice is all part of the same problem!

FormerlyDoS
    Participant

Wouldn’t surprise me, this place is a shambles at the moment.

You and I both know we are not the same person, thank goodness, even though Krughandles suggest we are.

Henkel.Trocken
    Participant

Indeed, it was quite peaceful a couple of weeks back when they all seemed to be away at the same time.

FormerlyDoS
    Participant

I find it frustrating that BT has not moved to a password accessed controlled environment, where we could post under our own names and that would stop any nonsense in its tracks.

Knowing a few people on the forum, I think it would make it a lot better place.

BeckyBoop
    Participant

Marlene dont worry i know where you are coming from x

FormerlyDoS
    Participant

“Marlene dont worry i know where you are coming from x”

🙂

BeckyBoop
    Participant

HT, you know absolute jack about me or my working situation so stop making out that you do.

Be_Nice
    Participant

BB

Makes me laugh. Yes the forum was nicer recently and there was an absence of a particular poster or two. I don’t have any frustration with the forum as its not an essential part of my life.

But it all boils down to own self needs and importance. To be honest I cannot recall exact flight numbers, my PA would have to sift through the diary.

My expectations are high, but then I don’t fly low cost carriers either.

Marlene

FormerlyDoS
    Participant

“But it all boils down to own self needs and importance. To be honest I cannot recall exact flight numbers, my PA would have to sift through the diary. “

I have exact records of mine, for tax purposes, to prove residence etc., so not self importance.

Interesting that you do not fly low cost carriers, as they are often far better at delivering the service to standards, in my experience and I have no problem with a low grade service, if it is advertised as that.

Ryanair, for example. I don’t like them, but they are the most consistent airline for service delivery that I use.

rferguson
    Participant

An interesting thread…..

Once again it demonstrates the actual value of the First product to BA and those that it actually caters for.

I haven’t been into an F lounge since the new catering company took over so cannot comment on whether I feel the changes have been positive or not.

Saying that, I was underwhelmed the very first time I used the F lounge at T5. Having used the J lounge numerous times before, I guess I had assumed there would be a significant difference between the two. But in fact, there wasn’t really. Yes, aesthetically it was a little more pleasing. The Gold Bar and what not. And an outside terrace. But I felt the food options were limited and I must say I far more enjoyed my time in the Cathay Business class lounges in HKG which were an oasis of calm, everything was served versus self service and the food and beverage options were amazing.

The other thing that amazed me about the BA f lounge was how busy it was. It was heaving. I found that odd as I had always visualized it as an oasis of calm. In fact if I had looked up on the departure screen and looked at how many long haul departures there were within the next four hours and multiplied that by 14 (F class capacity on each aircraft), well there was a something amiss. There were many many more people than that that the lounge. In fact a chat with one of my ‘lounge dragon’ colleagues while I was in the lounge confirmed that there were more BA Golds and OneWorld Emeralds traveling in J/W/Y there than there were First Class passengers (it’s quite impressive how the little barcode on your boarding pass they ‘blip’ at security, the lounge and the gate keeps tabs on passengers whereabouts).

And here sits the crux with the F class lounge. It’s only my opinion but I think it is almost viewed as a ‘Oneworld Emerald’ lounge instead of a true F lounge. The majority of the passengers actually traveling F are sat in the Concorde Room or arriving at the airport fashionably late.

FormerlyDoS
    Participant

You are right, the Concorde Room is the 1st class lounge.

Be_Nice
    Participant

That is very true rferguson, I view the First lounge as a Gold lounge hence the large volume of use. I wondered why it wasn’t called the gold lounge, but then one world ruby holders would use the CC room.

A least this way it does protect the CC room for BA First passengers, which is much appreciated.

Papillion53
    Participant

Afternoon Girls – BB, Marlene Be_Nice – Be_Nice, what could you possibly change that to? I could come up with a few suggestions for some other four letter acronyms, but yours is just perfect 🙂 We just managed to get away for a couple of days …. But I’m not telling you where! Suffice to say I was surprised!

FDoS, having fluttered back, I am not going to take your crass and nonsense, there was no personal attack earlier. You seem to have an answer for everything and woe betide anyone who begs to differ – they are straight in your firing line.

But and it is a big but, you are the one poster who can be so very helpful at times, but you do seem to strive to spoil these good intentions with what comes across sometimes as a rather misogynistic attitude to the female posters on this forum. At least I have the metaphorical “balls” to say it to you.

In response, please don’t bother to cut and paste any of my earlier posts as you seem very good at doing that to posters and then those remarks are taken out of context.

HT, yes it has been quiet on the odd day that I have checked in and dare I say it, a tad dull, with the same old, same old except for some really great trip reports and reviews. I truly believe that while the intentions of this forum are to discuss business travel, we are all human beings and as such come as a mixed bunch of characters, warts and all, so you are going to hopefully get some personalities involved, with experiences to share. The more the merrier I say, as after all, all work and no play makes Jack a very dull boy indeed.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 215 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls