BA T5 First lounge…disaster.

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 215 total)

• BeckyBoop
    Participant

“StephenLondon – 07/05/2013 06:44 GMT

I met some of the BA catering team at last year’s Taste of London, and they were very receptive to feedback. Despite this being raised often on these boards, it is a good opportunity next month to air any feedback. “

Will you be going back again this year?

Papillion53
    Participant

Morning BB – thank goodness someone else has backed up your promotion of Taste of London.

Stephenlondon – sadly some of those on here have been poo-pooing Becky’s suggestion to visit. The main culprit being the one who thinks everything is not rocket science, particularly when it’s something …… Well you can fill in the rest yourself.

Wasborntotravel
    Participant

T5 Galleries North lounge this morning at 6am and I have to say I was impressed with the new offering

They still have the old favourities such as bacon rolls (but in a nicer roll) and porridge but also a better selection of pastries and yoghurts

There was however less cereals and no fruit compote but to be honest they won’t get it right for every customer.

We have just moved to Baxter as our corporate provider and again early teething problems but soon resolved and based on my expereince this morning a much better offering and better quality

So as a premium passenger this is a step in the right direction

FormerlyDoS
    Participant

Papillion

You need to stop the personal attacks. You flounced off here a while ago, because of perceived personal attacks and now you are constantly doing the same.

It is hypocritical behaviour.

Be_Nice
    Participant

I haven’t been to Taste of London but pleased for the reminder in case I can go. It may be a hoot.

I suppose in reality we all find some of the posts here boring, it just depends why we ‘are here’. And some posters probably bore each other with their superior knowledge far more than others, they just don’t realise.

I have no doubt that this includes my own posts which are not as regular as others, or part of my daily cycle.

But an open forum is for all to post regardless of rank, like it or not, and none of us have to be here.

Have a happy short week, hello Papillion hope you had a nice long weekend. Ours was busy all the children home.

Marlene

seanyjmuclhr
    Participant

Currently sat in the T5 F lounge (South) – hardly a disaster really. Ordered the salmon, quite tasty and the staff were polite and courteous.

Overheard a fellow traveller at the customer service desk moaning about the new offerings. The lady from BA offered to take his details so BA could follow up. Sadly, he declined to leave a business card, so couldn’t have been that important to him, really.

Small changes I note include the lack of orange juice at the champagne bar, only one flavour of kettle chips (plain), biscuits in barrels now, no Walkers. But there is still copious amounts of champagne, wine and drink (hard and soft), still enough tea and coffee to keep travellers going and I can still pick up a copy of BT magazine.

So, for one, I am quite ok with BA’s “enhancement”. Still, if you are not, then complain and/or fly with another airline.

It is not a “disaster” in the true sense of the word.

Be_Nice
    Participant

This seems to hit spot on, changes but passengers not willing to complain, just whine.

Getting use to different products and a change of routine not all passengers can accommodate.

And seanyjmuclhr hits absolutely correct.

FormerlyDoS
    Participant

“Sadly, he declined to leave a business card, so couldn’t have been that important to him, really.”

The other reason could be he’s had his fill of the standard cut and paste BA response that seems to go out in place of a real response.

I got one of these when I complained about a security breach and expressed concern and received a standard, out of context reply. When I replied that the response was not what I expected, I was credited with 5,000 avios.

Neither response was appropriate for the subject and I guess I’m probably not the only person who feels that contacting BA is a waste of time, I just avoid them wherever possible and put up with them, when schedule dictates.

openfly
    Participant

@Scott72.

Hi, I have said earlier that I spoke to the BA lounge manager about the changes. A delightful lady. She admitted that they had been inundated with complaints from “the regulars” . Urgent meetings have been arranged amongst the relevant BA echelon, to address the problem. She agreed that things had changed noticeably in the last few days, particularly with the breakfast.

@Borntotravel…….little has changed in the Galleries lounges. It has all happened in the First.

BeckyBoop
    Participant

FDoS just becuase you get an automated/cut & paste reply it doesnt mean nobody behing the scene doesnt investigate the alleged offence behind the scene. Out of interest do all other airlines (bar BA) give invidual personal responses?

Henkel.Trocken
    Participant

Perhaps the lounge offering has been intentionally downgraded so that people don’t have great expectations of the F cabin which is also sub-par.

As to the promotion of the food event, the handles promoting it seem to have a few things in common, they promote BA at every turn and display ignorance of alternatives. They are also prone to being abusive to posters who disagree with them and often out of touch with reality of business travel and the wider world in general.

It’s quite difficult to believe that such similar posts come from different people. In future I think I’ll refer to the KrugHandles when I need to refer to them. It might catch on!

BeckyBoop
    Participant

I have noticed that the BA bashing tends to come from the same handles. I wonder i this too is one member with multiple handles?

cityprofessional
    Participant

Sounds like it has worked well outside of LHR, where the new caterers are an improvement on the previous offerings

As for LHR. Firstly, apologies, as I am a newly matched BA Gold, and most of my recent BA travels have been ex-LGW/LCY. However, I was pretty underwhelmed by the F lounge the last few times I’ve been (pre-changeover). Admittedly, I’ve not been there in the morning, as normally just grab something from Pret, but in the evening, just before the “last flight out”, the place looks like a tornado has hit it! Dirty tables, harrassed wait-staff, unappetising trays of slop, empty bottles of wine – and no choice of red or white the last time I went – just lots of 1/4 full bottles strewn all over the place

Yuk! Surely it can’t have got worse? In hindsight, I should have gone downstairs to Galleries…

FormerlyDoS
    Participant

“Out of interest do all other airlines (bar BA) give invidual personal responses?”

So far, yes.

Be_Nice
    Participant

Hello BB

Possibly, but I am sure that the Avios from BA are snapped up and the standard reply whinged about.

Marlene

Edit
    For all the travel I undertake, I find very little to complain about for myself or on behalf of others. It’s very odd that some travellers have so much to complain about so frequently.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 215 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls