BA T5 First lounge…disaster.

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 215 total)

• Henkel.Trocken
    Participant

” BeckyBoop – 06/05/2013 19:53 GMT

Or even VK!!!! lol :)”

Rather a bizarre post.

BeckyBoop
    Participant

Do you lot know about this years BA Taste of London festival?

If you are fortunate to attend the BA Taste of London festival you will be able to try their new high altitude tea and try the new menus for food as well as give feedback.

Also you should get a chance to meet with BA management in charge of catering and will allow you the chance to give them your criticisms

http://www.tastefestivals.com/london/content/390/British-Airways—Height-Cuisine

http://www.businesstraveller.com/discussion/topic/BA-Taste-of-London-2013

BeckyBoop
    Participant

Do you lot know about this years BA Taste of London festival?

If you are fortunate to attend the BA Taste of London festival you will be able to try their new high altitude tea and try the new menus for food as well as give feedback.

Also you should get a chance to meet with BA management in charge of catering and will allow you the chance to give them your criticisms

http://www.tastefestivals.com/london/content/390/British-Airways—Height-Cuisine

http://www.businesstraveller.com/discussion/topic/BA-Taste-of-London-2013

scott66
    Participant

First Lounge…. disaster.

There was me scanning the news out lets for the details of an engine wrenching it’s self of the the wing of a third world carrier and powering through the First lounge, mincing the great and the good through its compressor blades or some equally calamitous event.

It’s been over forty years since we had a disaster at Heathrow, I sincerely hope we don’t get another.

Let’s wind down the drama a couple of notches, perhaps a better tag line would be ‘Fat cats on diet’. Whilst the pickings might have been a little thin on the ground, I’ve never heard anyone complain of being underfed in the premium cabins.

FormerlyDoS
    Participant

“Do you lot know about this years BA Taste of London festival? “

Yes and I am sick of hearing it from your blatant puffery.

Please stop, it is really boring.

fastphil
    Participant

I was in a busy LGW First lounge last Monday PM and v impressed with new catering.
    Definitely better quality (sandwiches, salad bar, cheese, biscuits) and cakes + cookies (from a jar rather than a packet) were going down well.
    Baxter staff on hand to monitor things, unsurprisingly they were clearly keen to make sure things settle down quickly.
    Time will tell if they can deliver consistently.

C’est la cata 🙂

esselle
    Participant

In the BA MAN lounge for the first time since the switch to Baxter Storey, and overall looks like a change for the better. Engaging, chatty staff, improved breakfast offer, including porridge, extensive range of whiskies, cognacs etc, and better coffee from the same machines.

PatJordan
    Participant

Having had a dismal experience in the BA MAN lounge last month, I was glad to read esselle’s comments.

I won’t be in T5 BA First Lounge until later this month, by which time a clearer picture should emerge as to whether Baxter Storey a change for better or worse. If any posters could add their views, I’d be very interested.

FormerlyDoS
    Participant

I wouldn’t be surprised if Baxter Storey turns out to be an improvement at outstations and underwhelms in T5.

The T5 standards were pretty high to begin with.

What I don’t understand is how BA constantly alienates premium pax by messing up things that are not rocket science.

The focus on customer facing cost cutting is suggestive of a management culture where the customer is not at the centre of decisions.

StephenLondon
    Participant

People don’t always like change…variations to routines can really upset some people. So modifications to what has been status quo in the T5 F Lounge clearly is irking a few people. Best to be patient and see how things unfold. Give the new suppliers some time to get used to the facilities, the supply chain, service routines, etc. no doubt all will work out well in the end.

Baxter Storey are the caterers at one of my client premises. They had a rocky start, but got into the rhythm before long. Also, the MD of the firm gave Baxter additional funds to up their game (perhaps something BA may consider if constructive customer feedback is received), and Baxter’s are now getting great feedback from the employees.

I met some of the BA catering team at last year’s Taste of London, and they were very receptive to feedback. Despite this being raised often on these boards, it is a good opportunity next month to air any feedback.

The real beauty of the T5 F Lounge for me is the space, the calm, the Ability to do some work, or relax before my flight. Catering is low on my list, and if there is nothing in the lounge (either through supply issues or personal preference) then there are plenty of alternative choices in the terminal. I certainly wouldn’t consider it a ‘disaster’.

openfly
    Participant

@FormerlyDoS

A perfect summing up of the situation!! I wish that I had written that….

There is so little difference now between the T5 First Lounge and Galleries, that the next ”cost-saver” will be to combine the two and close one of the floors.

VKs silence on this subject is incredibly loud. It speaks volumes.

BigDog.
    Participant

… yes openfly, however there does appear to have been a fair amount of thread manipulation going on with a plethora of spurious or duplicate threads appearing, maybe to push this and several other contentious/unpalatable subjects down or off the lead page. Using his/her many guises, this behaviour is typical of the prolific poster when confronted with the indefensible.

Flyboy18
    Participant

openfly…did you complain while you were there?

jetplane
    Participant

Passed through T5 Lounge last Wednesday morning (1/5) still had April’s BT on the shelves!! Then in Bologna on the weekend and visited the BA 3rd party lounge there, (before security) which is jaw droppingly awful. Not a single English language publication, not an edible morsel and less drinks choice than in the Soviet Union before the wall fell. Avoid it unless you are stupid.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 215 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls