BA super high J 747

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 45 total)

• CathayLoyalist2
    Participant

Mr.Michael what an extraordinary comment – and why not?. I’m talking about good/even great customer engagement which rolls into great PR where reputations can lie in tatters in a matter of seconds when handled badly. In this age of social media a brand that manages its social media well stays up with and/or in front of the game. Its also called ‘going that extra mile’ which people of course don’t have to do but nonetheless do. I can only assume your role, company or industry doesn’t have a customer culture. I doubt no one on this forum would be anything other than gob smacked if there phone rang and it was Keith Williams picking up on a complaint !!.

AnthonyDunn
    Participant

@ CathayLoyalist2 – 25/07/2015 11:22 BST

Yes, I would be astonished to have Keith Williams respond personally to a complaint, but pretty much the same could be said of any of these guys as well:

http://www.staralliance.com/en/about/airlines/member-airline-management/

MartynSinclair
    Participant

I too am suprised there is never any official feedback from airlines or hotels on this Forum, as there is on Twitter feeds and Flyer Talk. BT is a very credible publication. Perhaps part of the reason is due to this Forum being Open rather than secure.

I know the brands do monitor this Forum. When last year a major hotel brand had cancelled my reservation in error and as a favour offered me the hotels last room….. the hotel manager concerned called after someone had read the posting about the experience.

Tramor01
    Participant

@AnthonyDunn

I got a response from one of the Star Alliance senior managers

I had an issue with Austran last year regarding a flight connection to BKK, and received an email from Jaan Albrecht ….. OK he may not have written it personally, but at least it was from his e-mail address 😉

Speedbird1994
    Participant

I agree with SimonS1, EK’s A380 business class is fantastic but their B777 business class is poor. As for their A340s and A330s (I know they serve shorter routes and are on the way out) but my goodness, dated doesn’t cover it!

I have flown Cathay Pacific business class and whilst I can see the appeal for solo travellers, when travelling with a friend the seats are not great. At least in CW I can enjoy a window seat, and chat to my companion. I can’t do that in Cathay’s J. Similarly on my flights with CX on one flight the cabin crew completely forgot my meal, on another the crew member was so indifferent they would bearly talk to us, so overall whilst they weren’t bad, I certainly didn’t think CX was better than BA or VS. I agree with other posters who say don’t fly BA if you don’t like it, I do like BA, so will fly them. And as I said in my opening post, the fact they are increasing their CW shows a lot of people are still happy to fly CW.

SimonS1
    Participant

@CathayLoyalist – yes I would be gobsmacked if Keith Williams phoned. How would he know my number, for a start. I find that an equally extraordinary comment to the one you were complaining about.

@Martyn – I doubt BA would make comment on here, a public forum with little or no security (judging by the amount of spam it attracts). BA does have a representative on FT (which is much more rigorously moderated and heavily used) but they will rarely respond on the forum, only via PM which BT forum doesn’t offer.

MrMichael
    Participant

Cathayloyalist2, not sure why it is extraordinary, it is fact. To my knowledge no airline, hotel group, car hire company has ever responded on this forum. There are many forums about, and it would be easy for you or me to make up a dodgy screen name to be that airline. If I opened a BT online account “CathayPacific”, would the system stop me? As Simon S1 says, this is an unmoderated forum and thus anyone can be anyone they want to be.

I have no doubt that BA and others read the forum, and act on the contents where they can identify specific service issues and trends. But responding would just be getting in to online arguments where falsehoods, conjecture and exaggeration can and possibly are rife. They could never win the argument. Twitter and Facebook are somewhat different animals, and as you say many businesses use it for marketing purposes, including responding to complaints and issues.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

@Mr Michael – I did question to the BT team, a recent post under the name/handle “ETIHAD AIRLINES” on an Etihad Airlines flight review. The BT team confirmed to me it was a genuine post.

I agree though that without this Forum becoming ‘secure’, it is highly unlikely any major airlines would respond to posts on a regular basis…

KarlMarx
    Participant

Whatever BA do when refurbishing these aircraft, I hope they deep clean them, as having just taken a long weekend in New York using avios, I had to sit on a blanket due to what appeared to be dried mucous on the seat cushion and back.

MrMichael
    Participant

Thank you Martyn, I was not aware of that, intersting it is not a regular thing. But then I guess if it was regular BT would likely charge them.

If BA were to respond on here to every post I have no doubt it would keep at least one job going at Waterside for the foreseeable future.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

How does it work on Flyer Talk with the companies responding? I guess they don’t respond to every post.

I also think that if this Forum became a closed group, there would be a different kind or style of posting.

SimonS1
    Participant

They don’t reply to any post Martyn. Occasionally the BA account is used to post updates and official information (eg re the new boarding arrangements).

If there is major issue you might get a PM, however interventions are infrequent and they generally expect you to follow the usual process even if it involves being on hold for 60m plus….

peter19
    Participant

has anyone got any further information as to which routes the 18 uplifts/aircraft will be targeted?

greyhawkgeoff
    Participant

Peter try http://ftdashboard.net/fleet/midjhij.htm

which gives a good idea of recent Hi J 70 seater routes and mid J52 seater routes. But accept that this will vary with seasons and the arrival of more A380 being switched onto say MIA which is mid J route. And also that day to day variations can occur for a whole raft of reasons.

peter19
    Participant

greyhawkgeoff, thanks for that.
    very handy little resource which is now bookmarked. cheers

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 45 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls