BA strike rebooking options

Back to Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• cotswoldsw
    Participant

I’m currently in Bali having booked great value J tickets through QR earlier in the year. Annoyingly the final leg of the trip (DOH-LHR) on 22.7.17 is BA operated as couldn’t get the discount fare on QR metal. Flight has now disappeared from BA exec club ‘manage my booking’. QR website now says it is unconfirmed. A quick google search suggests BA has already cancelled the LHR-DOH flights for the next strike period commencing 19.7.17.

Does anyone know how far in advance rebooking will take place and whether this would be down to BA or QR?

Tried emailing QR but no response and almost impossible to find an email address for BA (anyone know one, I’m EC Gold?). Can’t face calling the exec club just yet. Not wanting to be precious but my arrival time back to the UK is pretty important on this occasion.

On a different note, flight from LHR-DOH on QR2, A350, was an amazing experience. Great lounge, great service and fantastic aircraft. Never has a long haul flight gone so quickly and arrived feeling so refreshed. DOH-DPS on A330 was good but the difference in aircraft was monumental.

FDOS_UK
    Participant

It’s up to QR to rebook you if you booked via them, but given that DOH-LHR is a major route, there should be plenty of options on QR.

SimonS1
    Participant

Should be a win there. You get the QR flights you originally wanted whilst avoiding BA. Result.

Up to QR to do the rebooking.

bluemooner
    Participant

Why not go down to the Qatar Air office at the airport and get them to look at their system!

cotswoldsw
    Participant

Thanks for the responses. Spoke with the QR office in Denpasar and all sorted. Earlier flight home, 777/A380 (no Qsuite but can’t have it all), no BA and all happy.
    QR customer service great, only moan is that they should have contacted me and not the other way round.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls