BA STRIKE OFF. Injunction Granted.

Back to Forum
Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)

• VintageKrug
    Participant

I have a hunch – given the time taken to deliberate – that the Appeal judges may overturn this strike injunction, on grounds that although within the letter fo the law, it is not within the spirit of it.

A very dangerous position to take, as with legal decisions there should be absolute clarity on decisions made, and reversing the injunction muddies the waters somewhat.

I don’t see this potential result as all that serious for BA, although those not familar with the case might see it as vindicating Unite’s stance.

Contingency already in place will still be useable, and this will not affect plans already underway for further planned strikes.

As I said above, it will be cathartic for crew to strike, and also sobering for Unite to realise how few of their members actually choose to strike (which is different from rejecting an offer, which is what their ballot was about).

When they realise their bargaining position is diminished by the increasing ability of the airline to operate without those few crew who choose to strike, Unite will be in a very difficult position.

The public have lost patience with Unite/BASSA now.

A heads up that there is likely to be more disruption in the coming days…..

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Well perhaps its time to take a well deserved break. TIme to consider a space of land:

Ash free

Unite/Bassa Free

British Airways free

Red shirt free

but with plenty of sunshine and smiling faces

hmmmmmm – let me think carefully………

JonathanCohen09
    Participant

Martyn,

what a great idea. If you come up with somewhere and want some company then I would be happy to leave my stress filled life for a while.

Cheers,

Jonathan

Account_Deleted
    Participant

Account deleted

JonathanCohen09
    Participant

Geo,

unless you have a crystal ball how do you know when The_Flying_Nurse left BA and became ex-cabin crew. He/she may have left 6 months or a year ago. they might indeed have left many years ago when things were better for all of us but what gives you the right to make the assumption that you have made.

Why is it also GEO that whenever a poster with inside knowledge of the airline make and entirely sensible well thought out post that immediately they are ‘a dissappointment’

I believe that an apology is due from you to The_Flying_Nurse, not for your opinion but for the assumptions that you have made in order to express that opinion.

Still no answer from you on this or any other related thread about what you would do if you were CEO of BA. Perhaps it is not unreasonable now for us to assume that there is no answer because you do not have one?

The_Flying_Nurse
    Participant

geohoveuk if you look more closely at my post you replied to you will see I never stated that I was ex BA crew, your assumption like so many of your opinions on this site is completely wrong. You have just proven the points I made in my post when referring to your comments on various threads.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

“Meanwhile, the rich get richer, and the workers work harder and for less”.

GEO – you confirmed to the forum that you run your own PR agency. Does this run on the lines that you make a profit and then give it all away to your contractors or employees, or do you keep as much of the profit as you can, so that there is no need to share it around.

Your comments above really do portray you as being the “ugly duckling” or the “guy with a chip on his shoulder”. There are plenty of cabin crew “workers” who run busiensses on the side, importing goods from around the world, carried freight free, or buying holiday homes and renting to collegues. Yes times are tough and yes EVERYONE is having to work harder to keep their heads afloat – but I cant believe that your partners collegues will give thanks to the strikers, who become the primary reason for another round of redundancies.

I may not have the approach to life that some of the other regulars have – I may take a light hearted approach to some issues, but the one thing i take extremely seriously are the many rational, professional and mature comments posted through this site. I have discussed, I have learnt, I have recognised my errors, but at the end of the day, I have learnt far more than otherwise by reading as many of the posts as possible.

I suggst that you re visit all your posts by clicking on your name and then answer me one question, extremely honestly – Do you still believe in everything you have written o are you just being an ackward so and so?????? Be honest Geo…………………….

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Hey Jonno09

Anywhere that does not involve a taxi to the airport, long security lines, atm machines and foreign currency, drab weather, costly phone service and internet service and passports.

Probably a first class ferry with just a couple of other like minded people on board that happens to set anchor somewhere close enough to shore so my blackberry works, but far enough away so as not to hear any noise!

(and no more cheesecake – why so much food over the last day & tomorrow??)

The_Flying_Nurse
    Participant

Oh dear geohoveuk, yet again you are making incorrect assumptions about me and appear to be completely deluded. I wonder if it might be an idea to have a friend review your posts before you submit them, this might help you save face. It can’t be good for your health to be so obsessed with the topic of discussion and to carry all this bitterness, anger and resentment around with you. I genuinely mean that in a concerned way.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Geo – if you want to see happy and extremely professional BA staff, go to T5, far left of the terminal and speak to the ticket agents and customer services staff. First rate and a credit to the airline. Happy – smiling – extremely helpful – an example of excellent service to passengers. A credit to you all.

Geo, quite frankly you are totally unrepresenative of the BA cabin crew. You contstantly post comments that in truth you are not rally qualified to post. Its as if you want to dazzle people with the fact you have first hand experince but the realty is that is all third hand through your partner.

The flying nurse says in very plain English what the majority of us think.

Happy days,

Martyn

Account_Deleted
    Participant

Account deleted

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Again Geo – u r way off mark, but thanks for confirming i am right!

When i travel in First and Club, i hear what they cabin crew think and feel as i talk to them. Whilst I travel on a full fare ticket, i usually travel with only hand backage which has my crew id (non BA) atttached. It is only natural for crew to make conversation with me. Apart from the standard one militant aboard each flight, who tend to work club or First due to their seniority and first pick of crew station on flight, the majority of cabin crew are scared s**tless what these selfish and self centred (their words not mine) idiots (again their words not mine) are doing to their airline. They cant afford to miss work and they cant afford to lose travel concessions. The most often heard comment, is whether the union will protect the crew, if they are fired or sacked!!

You may talk to your pal,but he is only one of many. The vast majority of cabin crew do not support BASSA/Unite, but show support through intimidation – FACT!

Geo , you talk to one cabin crew, you dont even fly BA – in other words you are not exactly a credible witness to these events.

My advice would be to go and educate your self in how to run an airline .

However, where I do agree with you is that this simply cant go on indenfinately. BA need to talk to the unions. it is not a sign of weakness, but a sign of working as one. Probably nothing will happen,but the conversation needs to go ahead, becasue its the right thing to do – to at least show you have tried to find a solution.

VintageKrug
    Participant

Looks like Unite won its Appeal, as I postulated it might do – so strike back on, possibly from Monday…..

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls