BA: Strike Latest Update

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 43 total)

• continentalclub
    Participant

11:35GMT Monday 24th May 2010

Flight information and guidance to passengers affected has been updated at:

http://bit.ly/b2d0xb

The most significant addition is the link to a new flight-checker, which is apparently designed to give some further information regarding ‘core flights’ which British Airways intend to operate during the next strike:

http://bit.ly/bk2UQH

Although this link gives guidance on a per-flight basis, the latest update to ba.com suggests that the full schedule will be published on Wednesday 26th May 2010.

VintageKrug
    Participant

continentalclub
    Participant

15:38 GMT Wednesday 26th May 2010

BA have announced their schedule for flights operating to and from London Heathrow between 30 May and 4 June:

http://bit.ly/bqd05J

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Sunday May 30th. BA Lounge T5.

T5 is blissfull, easy to get through, lounge is peaceful, flights on time and the diet coke chilled to perfection. Special K and fruit plentiful. Today is going to be perfect!

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Sunday May 30th. T 5 arrivals

All went smoothly, 2 sectors. Economy out, club back, aircraft packed on outbound and on time. Return was also on time but carried more crew than pax. Fed a wondeful veg salad with chilled bitter lemon and tea. Off aircraft and back chez Sinclair in under 60 minutes.

Life is good, life is very very good.

continentalclub
    Participant

09:20GMT Tuesday 1st June 2010

Flight schedules have now been confirmed for travel up to 9th June:

http://bit.ly/aFmWTk

continentalclub
    Participant

14:30GMT Tuesday 1st June 2010

BA are now reporting that they have confirmed 80% of Heathrow longhaul, and 60% of Heathrow shorthaul will fly during the next strike period 5th-9th June.

http://bit.ly/9KzDz8

They have also announced that 100% of flights from Heathrow to South Africa (ahead of the World Cup) will operate, and 100% of flights from Heathrow to New York will operate also.

No change to the situation at London City and Gatwick, where 100% of flights will operate as normal.

Travellator
    Participant

And so when the next round of strikes happens in July/August they will be up to 85% longhaul and 65% shorthaul but still no talks !

Many many people just now will be reviewing their travel plans for the summer and beyond.

When will the talking begin in earnest !

The Winter of Discontent is about to be surpassed by the Summer of Discontent ( ed ) passengers !

VintageKrug
    Participant

Hardly.

100% of Gatwick operating.

100% of London City.

100% of exLHR-New York services operating.

Every destination served at least once per day.

I have flown BA on nearly 12 sectors during strike affected days. No issues at all. have summer travel plans for vacation. Have booked BA.

I will continue to support those crew who choose to stick at it in the face of this union intimidation, and destructive self-serving attempt to wreck the airline.

They will not succeed.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

is there any truth in the fact that after these rounds of strikes it will be illegal for further strikes on the basis Unite have maxed out. This came from a BA CSD who thought it unlikely the union would be able even send a strike call for vote.

i am not up on IR, but thought somebody on here would know.

Travellator
    Participant

VintageKrug

You may have misunderstood the point I was making.

Even though BA are serving every destination this is perhaps only 60% of flights to say Madrid or Milan.

My summer bookings are in place with BA as a loyal customer.

I am however fed up with being flown by the likes of Euro Atlantic whose last flight I was on was chaotic and many safety rules were ignored.

I also am critical of the pathetic compensation for compulsory downgrade from Club Europe to economy. I understand also that any fare refund will be the difference between Club Europe ( cheapest non flexible ) and fully flexible economy – perhaps as little as £ 20 on a European sector. At the time of booking many of my flights Club Europe non flex was say £ 200 a sector and cheapest Economy was £ 80 a difference of £ 120 !

Loyalty for loyalties sake but not at the finacial hit I have taken !

Martyn

I believe Unite have to ballot their members on a different grievance to the current one

VintageKrug
    Participant

You made a suggestion there have been no talks; there have been several rounds of talks, the latest only at the weekend. Unite have waltzed off to their conference in Manchester and although BA remains available to come up to Manchester for talks, Unite have not taken this offer up.

I was quite clear that every destination is served at least once per day.

I have been fortunate in that all my CE sectors (including those from LHR) have been on BA metal, BA crews (not volunteers) and with normal CE catering.

Other flights I have been able to switch to LGW or LCY without penalty where the service remains absolutely normal.

You suggest you have had several EuroAtlantic operated flights; I am surprised by this as these are very much the exception rather than the rule. You can see who the operator will be prior to your flight and you are given information about changing to a different flight in Manage My Booking it does seem strange you were not able to switch onto another BA operated flight…but that may not have been possible as I think the EuroAtlantic jet has been rostered especially on the T3 routes as that’s where I have tended to see it parked.

I agree with you entirely on the pathetic compensation; it’s just not good enough.

I sincerely doubt there were any serious safety issues with those flights; EuroAtlantic are a reputable operator and if you have genuine concerns (rather than blanket, unsupported insinuations) then set them out here and copy that text to the CAA.

Travellator
    Participant

My recent sectors are all T3.

BA appear to have substituted all their aircraft there to Euro Atlantic and Titan although Jet2 feature later in the month.

I cannot fly by a full service ( ? ) airline to my preferred destination with any other carrier.

Anyway I would only have the opportunity to rebook at another time NOT cancel cos I dont want to fly with a substitution airline.

Also any refunds ( paltry as they are ) are by MCO coupons – can I use these with my shareholders discount ?

MartynSinclair
    Participant

2 June 2010

T3 lounge is very quiet – but all staff are smiling and looking after people in the lounge.

Most people who talk about the current BA situation are fed up with the issues and long for normal service to resume.

If only……………………

Travellator
    Participant

T3 lounge is good – like mini T5, breakfast bacon butties excellent as are small steak pies later in the day. Lounges are nice when quiet but I too hope for normal service to be resumed ASAP.

What substitute are you flying with ?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 43 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls