BA still using old First….for First!

Back to Forum
Viewing 9 posts - 31 through 39 (of 39 total)

• AlexFACT
    Participant

More OLD First to and From CPT:
    BNLX is used for BA0043 tonight
    BNLW is usef for BA0058 tonight
    I thought BNLX was retired two days ago…? BA obviously is milking these grand old ladies a little more – and continues to snub the top pound paying First customers!

@cityprofessional – what good is a 50k Avios ‘compensation’ that one then cannot use – considering that I am actually based in CPT.
    I seriously doubt the assurrance by BAEC that they offer at least two Avios Club seats on every BA flight – unless there are some under handed dealings going on, as these these two Club seats hardly ever make it to
    the public! Trust me – I have tested the BAEC webportal hundreds of times – up to 355 days in advance!

oneworldflier101
    Participant

esselle – there are hardly ever any reserved spa treatments available – i have tried a number of times 28 days out and often you get “none available” when you call youfirst – it is odd because even if you remember so far out, someone has beaten you to it.

seasonedtraveller
    Participant

Flew from LHR to ATL today, BA First. A very odd experience.

No hot towel service
    Food the same as I ate in CW 2 weeks ago….exactly the same including the afternnoon tea of sandwiches and scones.
    No choice of meal time offered…it just arrived, I was working and didn’t expect it….
    Toilet had no soap…I needed to ask for it
    No welcome from CSD even though I was seated in First.
    Cabin crew completely absent for almost 4 hours after clearing lunch/dinner. I got up to get my own water, twice….
    The cabin was ‘blacked out’ immediately after lunch and remained so until ‘afternoon tea’ was served – it was a daytime flight leaving LHR at 14.30…….

A completely bizarre experience.

In the CCR in Term 5 pre-flight.
    No Spa treatments available despite my trying 4 weeks ago.
    No cabana available for a 4 hour lay in LHR.
    2 hour wait for a shower.

In complete contrast to my First with LH a few weeks ago ORD to FRA which was quite extraordinary in so many ways.

And, no, I can’t always choose my airline, sometimes the choice is made for me.

Perhaps it’s time BA introduced ‘mystery shoppers’ so they can find out the reality of what’s happening to “The world’s favourite airline”…..

SCF
    Participant

I flew LHR – CPT in mid August and got the old First seat even though I booked Club World. Service impeccable and attentive. However, I would make a lot of noise if I had paid for F and got old F!!! As for moving CPT pax to T3, well, when you have a monopoly why bother with giving more? As the slogan of another company said, ‘We try Harder’ – well, not BA.

openfly
    Participant

@Sangfung……so true. But BA does have heavy indirect competition fom Euros and MEs…cheaper and better quality, who actually seem to appreciate their customers. One has to hope that Norwegian sees the gap n the market and gives BA a run for its money on the direct route.

Alexthegreat
    Participant

@seasonedtraveller….I also experienced odd/poor service on my flight GIG/LHR last Sunday. The lounge (not BA) in GIG is a disgrace and at check-in they apologised in advance for the lounge! For the 11hr flight, looks like the other aisle in First got the better more attentive service – on our aisle the service was slow and forgetful, one hot towel and it was easier to walk back to CW galley to get a drink than wait to be served. Was challenged as to why I use the First bathroom (located next to CW galley) and then sheepishly said that seat 3A had access to it! In comparison to the flights I took LHR/JNB/LHR last August in First on the A380 (which were excellent), it could have been a different airline!

SimonS1
    Participant

BNLW and BNLX are on their way back from Miami and Cape Town tonight and will be retired tomorrow.

That will leave BNLF which is being kept on to cover for the 777 that was damaged at Las Vegas. The 777 didn’t have First so it shouldn’t be a disaster.

HedgeFundFlyer
    Participant

BNLW and BNLX now confirmed as withdrawn.

AT LAST! No more Old First. Only took five years……

goldaviator
    Participant

On the CPT and very happy to report its newish (but already falling behind competitors) First!

Viewing 9 posts - 31 through 39 (of 39 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls