BA still using old First….for First!

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)

• Anonymous

openfly
    Participant

Although First has returned to the CPT route since Sunday, they are still using the old banger seats for First. No Concorde Room, no Concorde arrivals room, T3 and now old First (again). Don’t forget to ask for the 50,000 Avios compensation!

goldaviator
    Participant

I am booked to fly to Cape Town in First in two weeks time and will be very pissed off if it’s in knackered old First! Hoping this is a one off aircraft substitution.

travelworld2
    Participant

There are three 747s still fitted out with old first. One is listed on Flyertalk as being withdrawn on 1 November, another on 8 November and the final one in February 2016 (withdrawal apparently delayed owing to the need to replace the 777 damaged in Las Vegas last month). You’d be very unlucky to get the last one in two weeks’ time…

openfly
    Participant

Expensive Avios flight for BA from CPT with old First….10 F pax compo at 50,000 Avios each!

SimonS1
    Participant

There are still 3 747s with old first:

BNLW (due to retire 8th November)
    BNLX (due to retire 1st November)
    BNLF – which has been extended to cover VIIO which was damaged at Las Vegas (and was a 3 class aircraft anyway, so the ‘first’ issue is irrelevant)

Unfortunately BNLX was scheduled to CT on Sunday but every other day this week the route has had new first.

Unsatisfactory but hopefully within a couple of weeks it will be sorted with new aircraft delivered.

TominScotland
    Participant

SimonS1 – thanks for this clarification and for giving such clear reassurance to openfly that BA’s actions are not quite as nefarious as might have originally been assumed. Given the extent to which other airlines substitute sub-standard aircraft on their routes, doing so just the once with respect to Old/ New First is unfortunate but perhaps not that bad!!

SimonS1
    Participant

Indeed Tom. It isn’t very satisfactory, however BA are giving decent compensation to those affected by the occasional substitution.

In fact it probably isn’t even as bad as that as BNLF is not being used at the moment.

The alternative would have been to lease planes which probably wouldn’t have been any better.

AlexFACT
    Participant

And tonight BNLX is once again being used for CPT – LHR! Is this coincidence or deliberate?! Most certainly there will be more unhappy First customers from CPT.
    But who cares? There is no competition on this route to LHR – so let’s milk and mistreat those CPT bound customers a bit more…!
    Just as good that LH, LX and AF fly non-stop to CPT since last weekend… at least for the next six months or so.

openfly
    Participant

@AlexFACT Yes….planned! A friend who works in Waterside ops confirms that the OF aircraft are planned to CPT and PHX.
    But, they are happy to pay the 50,000 Avios compensation….if the crew tell/remind the pax that this is available!!
    As you say….AF, LH must be rubbing their hands in glee.
    I gather that there have been public complaints in the Cape Times regarding the shoddy treatment by BA of the Western Cape folk. Especially the unacceptable move to Terminal 3.

Have you noticed that neither CPT or JNB are not included in the new World Premium sale announced today?

travelworld2
    Participant

Given that in a little over a week there will only be one BA aircraft left in operation with old first (and even that will be gone in three months) I struggle to so how it will be able to fly both to CPT and PHX .. Yes, using a 747 with the old kit isn’t satisfactory but I’m not quite sure it’s the disaster that some of the posters portray.

TominScotland
    Participant

openfly: “Have you noticed that neither CPT or JNB are not included in the new World Premium sale announced today?” – that means they are included, right?

AlexFACT
    Participant

@travelworld2: I agree, the old First class on its own hardly warrants this many words…

However, the compounded lack of care demonstrated towards CPT bound premium passengers does – illustrated by:
    1) the move to T3
    2) use of the very oldest equipment
    3) total lack of Avios seat availability in premium classes
    4) exclusion of CPT from the World Premium sale

AlexFACT
    Participant

And BNLW is used for the second CPT – LHR flight tonight!
    So two out of the three grannies in CPT today!!!!
    Just as good that the earliest we can see these two birds again is in two days time – and then at least one of them will be sent to eternity forever!

openfly
    Participant

@TomInScotland When I read it back after I wrote it…it looked wrong!
    CPT and JNB are not included in the sale…..oops!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls