BA squeezing two more rows into short-haul aircraft.

Back to Forum
Viewing 13 posts - 46 through 58 (of 58 total)

• capetonianm
    Participant

Another circle on BA’s descent into the maelstrom. Why don’t they just admit that they are an LCC and stop pretending?

Do people still buy so-called Duty Free on s/h flights? I don’t think I have ever seen anything sold, but I don’t pay much attention.

openfly
    Participant

Duty-frees can only be sold on routes outside the EU. On internal EU flights. BA sells “High Life Shopping” at taxed prices.

This is all very confusing….with a flexible Club Europe cabin how can they have a greater pitch in some of the rows??!

So it looks as though the QR aircraft will be operating from LGW if they are covering the extra slots inherited from Monarch.

As Capetonianm so wisely puts it….it is looking like another job experience kids shambolic idea!! ?

No Name
    Participant

How Low can they go. The public should boycott them. period

openfly
    Participant

At a time when BA are starting Operation Squeeze by reducing legroom on their short haul fleets in the Club Europe cabin to 28” seat pitch, I have just had an email from Wizz regarding their new Premium service…with an increase to 32” to 36” of legroom! Sounds good to me.

Cheeryguy
    Participant

The CE seat pitch is staying at 30.

FDOS_UK
    Participant

[quote quote=845477]The CE seat pitch is staying at 30.
    [/quote]

Oh goody – that will make it competitive with Ryanair.

openfly
    Participant

@cheeryguy…. how can it stay at 30″? The Club Europe ‘cabin’ is a variable and can be as little as three rows but can be as much as 20rows on an A321. You are suggesting that if the CE pitch is to stay at the measly 30″ then the rear rows will be even less than 28″ when Operation Squeeze starts.
    A contact has confirmed that on fitting the extra two rows the pitch will be reduced from row 1 to the rear row…approx 28″, except for the em exit rows. The new Neos will be delivered with this config and one less toilet.

Cheeryguy
    Participant

BA squeezing two more rows into short-haul aircraft.

rferguson’s post gives the info I was using.

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

I’ll merge this into that thread

Cheeryguy
    Participant

Thank you Tom. My post reply to Openfly didn’t work out the way I had intended.

rferguson
    Participant

Another aspect of the new CEO A320’s seating that I wasn’t aware of until the other day is that they are removing the cocktail table that covers the middle seat of Club Europe. Apparently to save weight. Crew of course have expressed displeasure but BA have countered that it is in line with what other european airlines offer in Business Class. I think it’s a shame. I know it doesn’t serve a lot of purpose but at least one can pretend a little less that it’s not just a blocked off empty middle seat with the table in place.

openfly
    Participant

@rferguson Totally understandable as anything that costs money in BA must be removed, irrespective of Premium passenger comfort! With the 2” reduction in seat pitch on these, and newly refurbished a/c, the table will be smaller. Expect even smaller “meals” in Club Europe….for your £500 fare!
    At least on Norwegian, Alex Cruz favourite airline, you get value for money!

LuganoPirate
    Participant

[quote quote=850641]Another aspect of the new CEO A320’s seating that I wasn’t aware of until the other day is that they are removing the cocktail table that covers the middle seat of Club Europe. Apparently to save weight. Crew of course have expressed displeasure but BA have countered that it is in line with what other european airlines offer in Business Class. I think it’s a shame. I know it doesn’t serve a lot of purpose but at least one can pretend a little less that it’s not just a blocked off empty middle seat with the table in place.
    [/quote]

I agree rferguson. Lufthansa still have the tray and I find it very useful. Not sure what a tray weighs but surely 10 trays can’t make that much a difference?

Viewing 13 posts - 46 through 58 (of 58 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls