BA Shorthaul Schedule & Route Changes Summer 2011

Back to Forum
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• Anonymous

continentalclub
    Participant

The following is a list of schedule and route changes for British Airways shorthaul flights from London City, Heathrow and Gatwick now confirmed for the Summer 2011. The net effect, apparently, is an increase in services to and from Gatwick:

Route Suspensions

London Gatwick to Izmir (ADB)

London Gatwick to Antalya (AYT)

London Gatwick to Varna (VAR)

LHR and LGW Route Moves/Swaps

Flights to Malaga (AGP) will move from London Heathrow to London Gatwick and will increase in frequency from 14 per week to 28 per week

Flights between London Gatwick and Pisa (PSA) will increase from 7 per week to 14 per week

Flights between London Heathrow and Pisa will change from 14 per week to 7 per week

Routes With Increased Frequencies

LGW-FCO (Rome) from 13 to 14 per week

LGW-GLA (Glasgow) from 27 to 28 per week

Routes With Reduced Frequencies

LHR-EDI (Edinburgh) from 70 to 64 per week

LHR-ARN (Stockholm) from 40 to 34 per week

LGW-IBZ (Ibiza) from 8 to 7 per week

LGW-MAN (Manchester) from 35 to 28 per week

LGW-SKG (Thessaloniki) from 5 to 4 per week – from Mo/Tu/Th/Sa/Su to Mo/We/Fr/Sat

LGW-TRN (Turin) from 7 to 6 per week – from daily to Mo/Tu/We/Th/Fr/Su

Day Of Week Changes

LGW-BRI (Bari) From Tu/Th/Sa to Mo/We/Sa Dep LGW 8:45 local

LGW-CAG (Cagliari ) From We/Sa/Su to Tu/Th/Su Dep LGW 8:45 local

LGW-PRN (Pristina) From Mo/Tu/We/Fr/Sa to Mo/Tu/Th/Fr/Sa Dep LGW 10:10 local

Major Timing Changes

LGW-NAP (Naples) 3rd frequency changed to be a nightstopping service

LGW-DBV (Debrovic) Now dep LGW at 15:50 local time

LGW-GOA (Genoa) Now dep LGW at 13:30 local time

LGW-PRN (Pristina) Now dep LGW at 10:10 local time

LGW-TIA (Tirana) Now dep LGW at 09:45 local time

LGW-TUN (Tunis) Now dep LGW at 17:00 local time

New route launch for summer 2011-LCY – Stockholm

British Airways is taking up options for two new Embraer E-190 jets one year after the first aircraft in the new fleet went into service. This will increase fleet size by almost 20% at London City Airport. The two additional aircraft will enable British Airways to expand its route network from the Docklands airport with a new service to Stockholm Arlanda from 09 January 2011.

The following routes have already been selling in Summer 2011 at a changed frequency from Summer 2010:

(Summer 2010 Weekly Frequency:New Summer 2011 Weekly Frequency)

LGW-MRS (Marseille) 21: 20

LGW-JER (Jersey) 41:34

LHR-OTP (Bucharest) 20:14

LHR-KBP (Kiev) 7:12

Full details:

http://bit.ly/drJajb

Senator
    Participant

continentalclub,

Thanks for this. Couple of interesting observations:
    1. The ARN service exLCY is marketed as Club Europe and not “Business” which I have seen on other routes exLCY

2. I have not been able to book I/R class fares on this route with ARN as departure airport only the flexible booking classes.

3. I am however, able to get I/R fares for routing ARN-LCY-JFK so this is a great offer from ARN.

Will the premium offer on this route be different given the length of flight? Or is BA service exLCY being rebranded to Club Europe to align with LGW and LHR service?

AndyInSweden
    Participant

Hello Senator,

Just a comment to your second question.

BA has a ARN-LCY-ARN R-class fare (REURLCY2) available at SEK2675 + taxes/charges. Restrictions include (but not limited to) a Saturday night stay, changes not permitted and ticket is non-refundable.

Senator
    Participant

Andreas,

Thanks for the update. I looked at random dates in January and I only got quoted the higher fares even with Sat. Night stay. However, could be that they simple are not available for the dates in question.

I am still interested in the positioning of this service. Will BA go the LH way of leaving one seat free in the 2-2 layout in Club Europe on these regional aircrafts?

Potakas
    Participant

I think it’s not worth to make a different topic about the Long-haul flights.

To summarise the changes to the Summer 2011 longhaul timetable:

Heathrow – Buenos Aires goes to non-stop service using 3 Class Boeing 777-200ER.

Heathrow – Chicago – BA297/296 to operated with Boeing 777-300ER on Wed/Fri/Sun, increasing to Tue/Wed/Fri/Sat/Sun from 2nd August.

Heathrow – Houston – Gradual switch from Boeing 747-400 to Boeing 777-200ER.

Heathrow – Las Vegas – Boeing 747-400 replaces Boeing 777-200ER from 1st June.

Heathrow – Mauritius – 3 Class Boeing 777-200ER replaces 4 Class Boeing 777-200ER from 8th May.

Heathrow – Mumbai – Boeing 777-200ER replaces Boeing 747-400.

Heathrow – New York JFK – 6 x Boeing 747-400 and 1 x Boeing 777-300 (BA179/182) to operate.

Heathrow – San Diego – 3 Class Boeing 777-200ER service launched 1st June.

Heathrow – Tokyo Narita – Boeing 747-400 replaced by Boeing 777-300ER.

Heathrow – Tokyo Haneda – New Boeing 777-200ER service launched.

JordanD
    Participant

P. Sepsas – not entirely sure where you information was from: small errors, include the fact that I believe the 744 does not operate the LON-BOM route – it is currently served by the 772 (777-200ER) and the 77W (777-300ER). The latter aircraft is being removed from the route in Summer 11 to put it on the JFK route.

Full details (which are a moving goal post) are on:

http://airlineroute.net/2010/12/09/ba-s11update2/#more-27793

Potakas
    Participant

Jordan,
    Apologies, you are correct,.

I got this information from http://www.thebasource.com

Travellator
    Participant

Still find it hard to believe that Malaga will NOT be served from LHR and yet flights will commence from LCY albeit by CityFlyer.

This must be the first time ever that AGP/LHR is NOT supported..

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls