BA Short haul announcements

Back to Forum
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• Anonymous

DoorsToManual
    Participant

Having just returned from a business trip in Club Europe I have one question: Why can’t BA pick the one crew member that speaks English as a first language to do the P.A.? Even the CSD who was conducting the demo seemed embraced that the crew member could barely read the briefing…let alone ANY passenger understand what was being said in a THICK Spanish accent. If my safety is your number one concern, do the Safety Announcement in the Queen’s English, not pigeon English.

Hess963
    Participant

..I’ll give you right here–a properly done annoucement regarding safety of pax is paramount and should be done in a proper language which is understandable for everyone–especially those who aren’t fluent in English–what a disgrace to hear that the English language is being ravish in such a way. The CSD should have the decency to choose the right FA to do the announcements..

VintageKrug
    Participant

Or even….

I think you’re right on this — a proper announcement regarding the safety of pax is paramount. It should be done in language which is understandable for everyone–especially those who aren’t fluent in English.

What a disgrace to hear that the English language is being ravished in such a way.

The Purser should have the decency to choose the right Cabin Crew member to do the announcements..

Hess963
    Participant

..oh, thank you VK for taking time and improving my sentences–such a caring striver you are ! please don’t forget to close the door after you..thank you..!

VintageKrug
    Participant

My pleasure, Hess 😉

jpmarcel
    Participant

Correct me if I am wrong VK, but I believe that Hess’s words were “close the door the door after you”. Thank you.

Hess963
    Participant

Hi jpmarcel ! Thank you for commenting–I actually await that from VK–but I think he doesn’t understand the meaning–sadly you did ! I just want to say to everyone here in BT that this is not my normal attitude towards persons I don’t know–but I don’t need to comment and describe VK’s attitude to every readers or users here in BT–it is really sad that this is the only way to communicate with users like VK–hopefully in the future he will understand it better–stress lies in hopefully or perhaps the typical support from the BT administrator’s censorship when something is commented on VK again..probably VK’s is not only BA Exec Gold but BT……

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls