BA Shocking Food

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 44 total)

• FormerlyDoS
    Participant

“marcusfrequentflyer, having read your post I wonder what kind of world you live in that you are “still in shock……..” (as you put it), just because you had (in your eyes) a bad airline meal.”

What a silly comment.

If I say I am hungry (rather than I have an appetite), would you accuse me of exaggerating?

Context, please.

Bucksnet
    Participant

LeTigre, I wrote CAN because I was capitalizing can to make a point.

TerryMcManus24
    Participant

Took the Air Asia flight on Saturday night from Chieng Mai to Bangkok and on offer was a very attractive chicken curry which wife thought was very good although cost all of 2 pounds

The flight itself which was a brand new Airbus was excellent,on time great service etc and ticket price of…(990Bt).. 20 Quid.

Time to retire methinks

Travellator
    Participant

Weve been bumped from a CE BA flight from a european airport to LGW tomorrow onto Titan – Goodness knows what to expect ! Except for a dear John letter sorry for the inconvenience and please accept a shed load of totally unredeemable Avios as compensation !

sparkyflier
    Participant

What is bizzare is that I gather that plane may be a 757, so if you take an interest in what plane you fly on at least this will be something different for European travel!

Back on the subject of food, I have found sometimes the best food is not from LHR, but the destination, where there is agood catering. For example coming back from Athens, Olympic does (or did ) provide the catering, and Olympic in my experience ALWAYS had good food.

Travellator
    Participant

I take a massive interest in what plane I fly in and have been on 757’s many a time, they used to do BFS/LHR and also LHR/AGP. Lovely to fly in and a very steep take off trajectory.

My concern is Titan onboard v BA – not the plane !

sparkyflier
    Participant

Well I know that is the subject of the thread, but as the plane is leased by BA it probably be whatever the other flights will be having on that day. Think I read about the 757 on the BA source website,which I had a look at today, for the first time in a long time.

NTarrant
    Participant

It is some years since I have flown Titan as a sub for BA, NCL-LHR I recall, the catering was the same as normal, but the staff were equally as good.

In the run down of BA Connect they had a regular diagram out of SOU and were again as good. But that was a few years ago

The_Flying_Nurse
    Participant

I do indeed have strong views marcusfrequentflyer. My comment was aimed at your dramatic use of the English language. I am a business traveller, Gold BA card holder and very frequent flyer on many carriers so I am perfectly qualified to air my views on here. Apart from being trained in Aviation Medicine I also have other business interests. You wouldn’t embarrass me (please note that there are two r’s in the word) at all if you told me what you did for a living, so please don’t flatter yourself. I have already formed an image of you, aided by the fact that you use lower case “i” very frequently when referring to yourself in your posts. I assume by your reply that you are no longer in shock and I am delighted that you managed to find some positive things to say about BA. Strange that you never mentioned them in your initial post. I guess you omitted them so as to convey maximum impact in your post. “Shock” tactics perhaps?

kevin46
    Participant

A couple of months ago, whilst flying BA , MAN – LHR, I witnessed. what appeared to be a business man, complaining bitterly to the crew because they were unable to serve nuts due to a passenger with a serious allergy. He was even bending the purser’s ear at the door upon disembarkation.

Life is so difficult sometimes!

Danwolf
    Participant

Had high hopes for BA’s ‘food improvement’ …until yesterday’s flip flop in terms of food quality. LHR-BKK (club world)…Thai checked curry was good (by western standards, not Thai authentic), then came the rubber eggs for breakfast.

HongKongLady
    Participant

BA food is a little hit and miss, but I often find that I am dissappointed by the food before I even eat it. On my last trip the crew showed me the food before it was cooked so I could get an idea. On Cathay you can see the food first so you can often double check what sounded good on the menu looks good.Not a fail safe method because you still have to taste it, but if it that bad send it back and choose something else, Danwolf I imagine it wasn’t even breakfast time when the served you breakfast either….. that is a bug bear of mine.

VintageKrug
    Participant

Bit of a BooBoo on this latest Height Cuisine video; the fan blades are rotating in the wrong direction:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1EkZLB9PSo

Travellator
    Participant

Returned on a Titan operated CE flight couple of days ago.

Standard of service exemplary – also choice of 6 hot food dishes – dont know why – maybe some was crew food – thoroughly recommend the Salmon in white wine sauce with mange tous and potatoes.

TerryMcManus24
    Participant

…then came the rubber eggs for breakfast

Now that good old BA is a Spanish Airline maybe the above is in honour of the expected bail out of the said economy….needs all the help it can get to bounce back.Dont they do paella and chips and to be really international …mabe some curry gravy?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 44 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls