BA Shareholder pain

Back to Forum

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Alexander 3 Jul 2008
at 13:47

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

  • Anonymous


    As a BA shareholder I have the benefit of a 10% discount on tickets for my use. Since Tuesday the BA shareholders site has not been working. I have been through the process of booking a ticket several times- all the way through to inputting credit card details before getting an error message so I have wasted hours. BA’s response – we are working on it but don’t know how long it will be before we fix it. We suggest you book an undiscounted ticket to ensure you get a seat and no you can’t book it on the phone! Come on BA we know this will help you raise money (and maximise shareholder value) but it does little for loyalty!! It can’t be that hard to fix or you could at least put the error message earlier in the process to save people’s time!


    The shareholder discount entitles the holder to 10% off all exUK BA fares, in all classes, for you and up to five companions.

    In December it was temporarily increased to 15%.

    The discount is only for the fare component, not the taxes and fees element.

    You still earn full BA Miles and OnBusiness points (if you call up to hassle them afterwards!).

    The discount cannot be used for MFU Miles for Upgrade fares.

    Cost is currently about £600, and anyone holding shares on the record date (currently the first few days in November) is eligible to book from 1 January the following year.

    The discount is better than a dividend as you pay no tax on this benefit, and will make your money back if you spend more than £6-10k on flights over the course of your shareholding.


    I purchased two round trip tickets under B A’s shareholder discount
    from Gatwick to Tampa costing $2700. Due to an accident and surgery
    our return flight had to be delayed. Despite the fact that our ticket
    terms were £50 each cost to change or approximately $200. We got
    a take or leave it price from B A of $2600 or delay our return for a further month, then we would be charged the $200 fee. No up grade
    was involved. Writing to B A Public Relations has been unanswered

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below