BA Shareholder Magazine

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

• Anonymous

VintageKrug
    Participant

Shareholders will have received their 10% off codes via email today. This is the first time this has been done via email, as this was always sent by letter in the past.

Attached was a link to the BA Shareholder Magazine, Overview, which contains a feature on the new Premium Leisure Destinations, as well as a review of the innovative A318 Club World London City Airport – New York service:

http://tiny.cc/OHVxh

There is a nice colour picture of Willie Walsh for you to put on your bedroom wall.

Coates55
    Participant

Does anyone know if the current 10% discount will be increased to 15% for bookings in the month of December which I believe has happened on occasion in the past?

FaroFlyer
    Participant

VintageKrug, for those shareholders having the BA accounts by e-mail, the shareholder discount codes have been sent by e-mail for a couple of years.

VintageKrug
    Participant

This is the first year where you MUST be registered for online communications in order to receive your communications (including discount codes) electronically, rather than by letter as was previously an option.

No sign of the 15% off deal this year.

As always, hold back until the Boxing Day Sale to book any expensive trips!

Coates55
    Participant

Thanks for this advice- want to go to Hong Kong for the 7’s in late March and flights filling up already so not anticipating any “sale” on this route at this time- was therefore hoping a potential shareholder discount increase for December would take away more of the pain of nearly £3k in Club for this trip.

FaroFlyer
    Participant

Hello Coates55, another option might be Finnair to HKIA. They have some fantastic business class fares at times. Service, and comfort, not quite Club standard but acceptable for the price. As they are a OneWorld partner the flights count for BA EC status, and you get BA miles, though not quites as many. Hope this helps.

Coates55
    Participant

Thanks for this good suggestion- did/am considering them and am looking for a “sale” on their fares to make up for the longer flight time and less polished J product.

VintageKrug
    Participant

I would definately wait until the Boxing Day/New Year sale fares which are likely to make any trip on whichever airline you choose, significantly less expensive.

However flying during the sevens is always pricier than usual.

The most recent BA Premium Fare sale ended last week, alas.

Coates55
    Participant

Thanks for this solid piece of advice.

jonathanmiller
    Participant

Hi I am a shareholder (and EC Gold). Never yet received either snailmail or email with a code. Perhaps I fall below Willie’s horizon?

VintageKrug
    Participant

An unpleasant image!

You might hold the shares via nominee company? This would explain why BA does not have your contact details.

Best to call your stockbroker and they can normally sort this, either themselves through their “perks” department or by providing you with a shareholder reference number.

You will need to register with Computershare anyway for electronic comms from now on anyway. See below:

A quick reminder that you MUST register your email address with Computershare to continue receiving the 10% Shareholder Discount on all British Airways fares beyond 1 January 2010.

It takes about two minutes; you will need your shareholder reference number to hand:

https://www-uk.computershare.com/investor/default.asp

jonathanmiller
    Participant

Hmmm … depending on what Willie refers to as his horizon, of course.
    Thanks for a helpful – and quick – response.

Travellator
    Participant

Havent recieved my new code yet although I am sure I did this with Computershare – how do i check ?

I have my finger on the button for 15 % hopefully !

Coates55
    Participant

On the BA shareholders website there is noted a lady who looks after all shareholder related liaison – if you have any problems, I suggest you liaise with her.

I have not had my email notification yet but am working on the basis that there might be a slight delay in getting them to everyone so am not panicking yet.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls