BA Separarating PAX on same booking

Back to Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 46 through 50 (of 50 total)

• FDOS_UK
    Participant

Cedric

You make a very powerful point.

The only area where I would disagree with you is that, IMO, the rot set in from about 10 years ago and Cruz is carrying the torch, rather than being the architect.

Think back to the cost reduction programmes in the 2000s – the most visible was the BASSA inspired cabin crew strike in 2009, which was in response to a reduction in main crew complement. There were other programmes in many parts of the business at that time, but they were lower profile.

The tremendous strength of the BA brand meant that it took a long, long, time for the perception to change to the current state.

SwissExPat
    Participant

Hi All

FWIW, I am not exactly being critical of BA with respect to this (or other) issue(s). I simply wanted to find out how the process works because it was a surprise to me that no choices were availiable to Mrs ExPat and her friend whilst I did have a choice. As I said, My view (now known to be incorrect) was that at the opening of check-in, all unallocated seats would be avaliable.

I now know that this is not the case.

On the face of it, ensuring that higher level BAEC members getting a better selection would be deemed a good customer service for loyal PAX.

Initially it seemed that the 2 non status PAX were being ‘punished’ for not paying for seat selection. Maybe in this situation unusual circumstances led to these PAX being separated when 2 seats side by side were available. I am not sure I will ever know!

canucklad
    Participant

Interesting comments about how the whole system works. And although I understand the need to manage BAEC members expectations I do suspect that this could be counterproductive.

And actions speak louder than words !!

My mate spent a fortune on Y seats to Florida for him and his girlfriend. He doesn’t have status with any airline, but does go on expensive holidays regularly.

He will never choose BA again, because he couldn’t select seats together , without paying the fee !
    Crossing the Atlantic, they finally managed to sit together after swapping seats with other couples … Free of Charge What made it easier was the empty seats !! — It’s just a cheap and shoddy practice.

Value for money, it wasn’t !!!

DavidGordon10
    Participant

I started a thread on a related subject about a year ago.

To cut to the chase, two passengers, same surname, same address, same booking, business class (paid for), on the BA Bermuda to Gatwick flight. A couple of days before the flight, the seat selection shows us well apart. Do you pay to book seats together? Sod it, you should not have to. Two passengers, same surname, same address, same booking, business class (paid for) says to me that the system should seat them together.

So thanks to some excellent advice from a travel expert (well known on this forum) we sit tight and arrive at the airport still with bad seats … and the charming people at check in and in the lounge sort it out, people with gold and silver cards upgraded to F, the rest of us sat with the person with whom we booked.

It stinks, just a ruse to get the worried to pay for seats sat next to the person with whom they booked. Stinks.

I am glad that almost all my flights are with Star Alliance or Skyteam carriers.

FDOS_UK
    Participant

[quote quote=863820]Do you pay to book seats together? Sod it, you should not have to.[/quote]

In business class, I quite agree.

But BA doesn’t and it’s their game rules, a sign of their worldview.

Viewing 5 posts - 46 through 50 (of 50 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls