BA Seating

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 183 total)

• craigwatson
    Participant

AOTG – in your itinerary BA/AA will split the revenue for the edi-lhr-jfk — jfk-lhr-edi portion of the ticket ( they will have worked out the respective values of each leg).

You could fly London-DFW every week for a year on AA metal and never see anything to do with BA and BA is still getting half that revenue from AA.

AllOverTheGaff
    Participant

dutchyankee – 13/06/2013 16:59 GMT
    @AOTG, now that is what I call Foresight, not like that discussed on your other thread re:AA where VK attributes the TransAtlantic Rev Share solely down to BA Management’s Foresight!

🙂

I had forgotten there’s more than one troll though….

I’ll be using that disclaimer often on here….I’ll try to keep count of the amount of times I use it, albeit I’m not as good at counting as some of the others on the forum.

Rgds.
    AOTG.

Bucksnet
    Participant

So I take it you have never flown the new AA seat, and your comments on it are based solely on photos. Very well.

AllOverTheGaff
    Participant

craigwatson – 13/06/2013 17:06 GMT
    You could fly London-DFW every week for a year on AA metal and never see anything to do with BA and BA is still getting half that revenue from AA.

Half? Really?

So, presumably BA have to pay AA half of their revenue on the same routes?

Lastly, where is this information available from? I would have thought a commercial agreement between business allies would be confidential.

Genuinely interested in how these airlines could possibly justify giving half their respective revenues to each other.

Rgds.
    AOTG.

dutchyankee
    Participant

@AOTG, Perfect, I’ll do my best to help you keep track!

Have a great evening!

dutchyankee
    Participant

@bucksnet, not sure what your gripe is, but it was pretty clear in AOTG’s initial post where he clearly states ‘but if that product is half as good as it looks, and they can have it on a couple of decent transatlantic routes, it will blow BA out of the water on what is historically BA’s bread & butter,’ that he hasnt flown in the AA new seat yet, but suggesting from what he has heard and seen that BA should be concerned and should do something to regain ground. Seemed clear to me, and others.

Bucksnet
    Participant

I know, but on other threads you get criticised for commenting on hard products if you have not tried them.

AllOverTheGaff
    Participant

Bucksnet – 13/06/2013 17:10 GMT
    So I take it you have never flown the new AA seat, and your comments on it are based solely on photos. Very well.

ROFL.

I know some will jump up and down about personal attacks and all that – but if the shoe fits –

I think you might want to let your wee photo bone have a rest eh? You’ve been slavering at the keyboard for months now…..and on around 8 threads…(see the irony there?)

Here’s the difference between you and I. If ten or so posters on here were to explain, calmly, and with authority that they have flown AA and in actual fact the seating is terrible, the bed is uncomfortable and that the food is dire, I wouldn’t then jump up and down like a petulant little schoolgirl shouting “NO IT ISN’T, I’M LOOKING A PHOTO RIGHT NOW AND IT IS THE BEST EVER” ad nauseam.

I hope that helps you understand but I am not confident that it will.

Bucksnet
    Participant

I understand entirely and I wouldn’t either. Those comments are relating to things that have to be experienced by actually trying them. Saying that the new AA seats are in a 4 across angled layout can be seen from the photos and seat plans.

Hippocampus
    Participant

Interesting that the anti BA agenda brands new First Class a disaster because it is on all but a small number of aircraft. Should Cathay and American Airlines new business class products also be branded a disaster because they’re not on every aircraft?

What the anti BA agenda also forgets is that both American and Cathay Pacific’s previous business class seats were unmitigated disasters. Cathay’s seat was too narrow and American’s seat wasn’t fully flat. Both airlines had to make a quantum leap to recover from their disastrous errors.

BA’s first and business class seats are still extremely competitive in the market place. Not that the anti BA agenda would ever acknowledge this!

AllOverTheGaff
    Participant

See – knew it would happen.

Only took about an hour too.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Without doubt BA club world needs a refresh – but the airline gets away with no refresh based I presume on the brand “British Airways”.

I am happy enough when seated upstairs on the 747, but will certainly not be using cw to Asia after October when the 777 comes in.

What worries me about when BA eventually do decide to refresh cw is based on the time frames for NF, what would the anticipated timeframe be for any changes to start taking shape. NF has so far taken ?? years and its not complete.

If the die ard BA fans on this forum, including the staff who contribute are unable to confirm there is even talk of a revamp seat or product, then I can not see this happening for a long long time.

Will BA be left behind – I think the clue really is in the number routes that are being downgraded from the 747 to 777. As someone said the revenue may increase with a smaller aircraft, but bottom line is, if the passenger numbers were high, a higher capacity aircraft would be rostered.

As far as NF is concerned, it really is as a good business class cabin should look and feel.

dutchyankee
    Participant

@hippocampus, I certainly wouldnt consider myself part of the ‘anti-BA brigade’ just someone who wants my money’s worth. BA’s product was cutting edge when it was introduced, it isnt anymore, so when possible I will fly superior products. I still like BA, but feel they have lost a great opportunity with their new aircraft. And as for New First, perhaps if BA didnt start advertising it when only one of their fleet had it installed, it wouldnt have been such a ‘disaster.’ And the roll out took for what seemed forever. I actually like new first, but it suits the 777 far more than the 747 as it makes the cabin very tight. So please dont lable people part of any Anti-BA brigade just because unlike the ‘perpetually pro-BA brigade’ some of us can actually like more than one airline, but can equally see the failings of them as well.

Bucksnet
    Participant

Good post Hippocampus.

CX however do appear to be rolling out their new seats (business, premium and economy) a lot faster than BA did. The old AA and CX business class seats did have bad reviews, and they needed that quantum leap, but I doubt the new seats will be on every plane, especially with AA.

BA now need to at least plan a quantum leap, but I think we’re coming to the end of major improvement in airline seat design.

AllOverTheGaff
    Participant

Hi Martyn

Thanks for bringing back on topic.

I think you and I share the same opinions, BA seem to have somehow or another missed the boat with the on-board niceties we all enjoy now. Direct Aisle access is the most obvious one in business as well as a decent IFE system.

Someone should be fired for their “new First” shambles, and that they still continue to offer old First on a number of routes is bewildering.

Therefore we’re left to assume that the on-board experience isn’t what the board considers to be core to their growth. If that is the case, then what is? Whilst they’ve left their aircraft alone the competition has overtaken them significantly.

The more time I spend on here the more it is my belief that their dominant position at LHR allied with their loyalty scheme is their key focus, I just don’t see that working for them in the current competitive environment.

While AA put wifi and all-aisle access seating in their premier cabins, EK put on more and more regional flights poaching the Glasgow, Edinburgh, Newcastle, Manchester business with a terrific product and frequent service, EK partner with Qantas and take a huge swathe of Oz business, Singapore, Cathay, Thai, Malaysian all offer something more appealing on-board and still BA persist with nothing new in the cabin.

Rgds.
    AOTG.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 183 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls