BA Seating

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 183 total)

• Bucksnet
    Participant

…losing VK as a customer?

AllOverTheGaff
    Participant

BA744fan – 13/06/2013 15:00 GMT
    So this begs the question – what landmark would stimulate BA into launching a new hard product across the whole long haul fleet?

I would have thought it might have been when their American business came under threat. I don’t know if anyone else has noticed, but AA offer their new plane on DFW, JFK & LAX, two of which are key routes for BA.

I appreciate those who haven’t flown BA’s A380 will do so for the novelty factor, however, having looked at the AA interior I don’t know why anyone would pay to fly in CW or 1st aboard BA when this innovative new service is available.

Rgds.
    AOTG.

BA744fan
    Participant

Please can we try and keep this thread on topic!? VK hasn’t even made a contribution on this thread and he is being attached.

BT is a great read and can be very informative but just about every thread in recent days has gone way off piste.

SimonS1
    Participant

“Being attached”.

Attached to what – hopefully the dark side of the moon.

BA744fan
    Participant

Attacked!

craigwatson
    Participant

AOTG – BA and AA share revenue on those routes, so it wont make an iota of difference if AA takes business from BA.

I really do like the look of the new seat, and would hazard to say it would be a 9/10, and say BA being a 7/10? Not sure if others would agree. One major selling point for BA is consistency. i would rather fly on a 7/10 connecting onto a 7/10, than fly a 9/10 connecting onto a 5/10.

Tirana1
    Participant

The issue of when BA will start improving the current flat seat product is pressing – loyal BA customers at some stage will end up using competitors’ products because of timing/availability issues and – where those products are superior – may not happily go back to BA. I returned yesterday from HK for the first time on Cathay’s new flat bed business class product and it is vastly superior to BA’s (not to mention the superb Cathay food offering). In terms of space and comfort I would rate it as the equivalent of New Frst on BA. Cathay will have my custom on that route from now on. (And they have a choice of different flavours of crisps available in their First lounge !)

Bucksnet
    Participant

I was not attacking VK, I meant that if even he was to fly BA less then things must be bad.

With regard to the new AA seat, I wonder how many posters have actually flown it? I thought we were not supposed to comment on seats/layout unless we had flown them multiple times. It looks like 4 across, though angled to increase the seat count, but for the record I have not tried it.

I don’t think BA will try this, as it would make new first look bad. Also with regard to this layout, how would it fit into multiple plane types? BA has lots of different cabin widths, from 747 top deck to A380 main deck. What works for one may not work in another. At least with a forward facing seat you can simply increase the number of seats across.

The new AA first looks better than BA as well (the seat, not the ambiance/style): –

http://www.airlinereporter.com/2012/01/american-airlines-will-debut-new-boeing-777-300er-interior/

AllOverTheGaff
    Participant

Bucksnet – 13/06/2013 16:29 GMT
    I thought we were not supposed to comment on seats/layout unless we had flown them multiple times.

Nah, you set the precedent of being expert in all things cabin related from photos on the internet…

AllOverTheGaff
    Participant

craigwatson – 13/06/2013 16:09 GMT

AOTG – BA and AA share revenue on those routes, so it wont make an iota of difference if AA takes business from BA.

I’d be really interested to know how that works.

For example, I am flying with AA from EDI – LHR – JFK – AUS, then I do AUS – JFK followed by JFK – GRU then GRU – JFK – LHR – EDI. The only legs I use any BA metal is from EDI – LHR return. So, of course, I would expect there would be an ‘internal’ charge from BA to AA for that flight.

However, if I were to book the same flights, but from LHR directly on AA’s website, am I to understand that British Airways get a share of that sale? Even though there is no BA interaction at all?

I know they code-share at the moment, as BA did not so long ago with Qantas, until Qantas found a better partner, likewise I would imagine if AA see a significant upturn in their transatlantic flights that it wouldn’t take their management long to change the arrangement they currently have.

Rgds.
    AOTG.

Bucksnet
    Participant

I’m not an expert on anything really, but I can count. Actually I was thinking about that this morning, and I can’t believe I didn’t mention it before. Commenting on layout can be done from viewing photos and seat plans. People were attacking me with comments about food and service etc., which obviously you need to experience in person, and then comments not relating to travel at all.

For the record AOTG, how many times have you flown in the new AA seat?

AllOverTheGaff
    Participant

@ Bucksnet – 13/06/2013 16:50 GMT

I’m so glad I put this in…..

*Disclaimer – should this thread descend into farce, as almost 90% of any BA related thread does, it is not the intent of the poster to cause such*.

dutchyankee
    Participant

@AOTG, now that is what I call Foresight, not like that discussed on your other thread re:AA where VK attributes the TransAtlantic Rev Share solely down to BA Management’s Foresight!

Bucksnet
    Participant

Indeed, so tell us AOTG how many times you have flown the new AA seat, and if you would recommend it for BA?

esselle
    Participant

AOTG
    You do realise that Omnihandlekrug will feel obliged to post, reminding you that BA set the standard, paved the way, broke through barriers etc with flat seats.

When he does, you can reply that Accrington Stanley were once in the first division. But that they are not any more.

That should wind him up!!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 183 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls