BA Seat selection

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

• Anonymous

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Has the online seat choice format changed as I havent been able to get it to work over the last couple of days ??

Binman62
    Participant

There were some comments onclyertalk about changes a few days back. I have just tried via the app ( iPhone) and it worked well.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

I’ve tried again but get no seat map. I go to manage my booking through BAEC, highlight my name, but no seat map comes up.

greyhawkgeoff
    Participant

I had this problem a couple of months back, and it continued for several days – a phone call to BAEC established the reason – an aircraft change was mooted, and that turned out to be the case when they substituted a 4 class 777 for a 3 class out of Gatwick.

Gold-2K
    Participant

I think there is a web site issue at the moment. I am flying to AMS tomorrow in euro traveller and had been pre-assigned the front row of the cabin. Seems they have now reconfigured the plane so economy now starts 2 rows further back but my seat has not updated and couldnt change on line. Called BAEC and got it fixed. They confirmed that I had been assigned the jump seat sitting on the CSD’s lap …. Not sure if I should consider that as an upgrade or not 😉

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Just spoke to BAEC. There has been no aircraft change on the routes I am flying and she has put it down to IE9.

Now going to try sons iPAD..

EDIT – Its IE9 that appears to be casuing the problem. Works perfectly on iPAD.I presume no one else is using IE9 …

FormerlyDoS
    Participant

FWIW

Just accessed a booking seatmap using IE10, no problems.

Binman62
    Participant

I have to say I dumped Internet explorer a while back as the number of problems was incredible. Glad it is sorted

tangey1
    Participant

They modified the seat selection screens a few days ago so as the entire cabin is shown without having to scroll thru it. It is likely that in adding this functionality it has broken compatibility with some browsers. I know ie8,ie10 and chrome all seem to work

FormerlyDoS
    Participant

It also works with Firefox.

andyh67
    Participant

It also works with Safari.

HongKongLady
    Participant

Has the using Avios for travel changed also ? seems different and helpfully says click date and nothing happens !

Hello HongKongLady

I think that means there is no availability that day 😉

KidsterUK
    Participant

Hi,

I can not see or change seat in my PC Firefox v 20. Only shows my seat number but not the cabin with seats to select from.
    EDIT- However I discovered that if I press the reload (in the address field next to favorites) the page reloads and displays the cabin with seats.

On my iPad with the Safari browser I can see the cabin with all seats and select.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls