BA seat charge increase

Back to Forum
Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)

• TimFitzgeraldTC
    Participant

Malaysian have a child free area on the Upper Deck of the A380 in Economy (unless they have changed this policy).

I certainly think that parents (or a carer) must sit with a child. I’d never dream of leaving my young one away from me. How selfish. But I think it is a good idea (where possible and practicable) to have a child free area. Mind you we could then roll out a stag / hen free area – well behaved children are often much better behaved than these types of parties!

PatJordan
    Participant

Just booked an Avios reward trip Dub-LHR in CE.

If I want to book a particular seat, though only in rows 5 through 8) I have to shell out an eye watering £22 each way. I might consider paying this rate for Row I, but the system has the first four rows blocked off as “unavailable”, and clearly not occupied.

Whether paying for CE using hard earned cash or equally hard earned Avios, this is a little hard to swallow.

Would this type of attitude and practice retain loyalty on the Dublin – London route is questionable. EI are the direct competitors, and whilst their route network is small, they offer connections to most alliances.

Tramor01
    Participant

I’ve said before asking a business class passenger to pay extra (be it £65, £70, or £80) for the privilege of booking a seat in a sub-standard sardine can is joke!

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Tramor

+1

MartynSinclair
    Participant

would a passenger notice this charge if it was just added to the cost of the ticket…?? Why add it as an “extra”???

canucklad
    Participant

Tim +1

So we’ve now mentioned the following menaces….ferrel children, unruly stag/ hen parties .selfish lockerer’s and soon to add to the list loud mouth mobile phone users. : (

No wonder air travel has lost its glamour.

MarcusGB
    Participant

Paying a Business or First class long haul fare, I would never choose an Airline that charges for seats after paying far higher prices, such a BA.
    Simple: Rip off!

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls