BA: Sales from Stockholm-Arlanda

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Anonymous

Senator
    Participant

Dear all,

Just got an email from BAEC with details for sale across the global network in WT, WT+, and CW. (Notice how these BA terms are replaced by generic Economy, Premium Economy, and Business Class on the Swedish version of BA.com).

Booking period: 9 August – 30 August 2010

Travel period: 16 August – 30 April 2011 (Economy)

Travel period: 7 September – 30 April 2011 (Premium Economy & Business Class)

Some interesting fares:

ARN-LAX 17884 SEK (or roughly £1600)

ARN-NYC 14789 SEK (or roughly £1300)

http://www.britishairways.com/travel/worldoffers/public/en_se

David
    Participant

Thanks Senator.

A timely sale (I thought) as I am booking a flight today to BKK.

Have just looked at a ARN-BKK in Club however and the cheapest I found was 29,000 SEK (about 2,600 GBP). I looked at an outbound (with a week of flexibility) of 16th to 22nd September and a return of 22nd to 28th September.

Not only is this no cheaper than what I have found over the past 6 months or so to the region on BA, but it is about 8000 SEK (GBP 700) more expensive than SWISS and Lufthansa on the same dates.

Possibly a ‘savings’ if one is able to book further than 6 weeks out (something I can rarely do, due to the nature of my work).

Best wishes.

Senator
    Participant

Dear Home@FL350,

Have you tried OS, AY, or TK on the route? They tend to be cheapest along with QR via Doha. The issue with QR is the connections tend to be poor. You can find fares with the above in the 17-20k SEK range if you are somewhat flexible with your dates.

By the way, TK operates the leased B777-300ER with First on the IST-BKK route and they seem to have compelling fares which are slightly above what LX and LH have quoted you in C/J.

JackyLek
    Participant

HI

Just book ARN-BKK out with LX and back with SK 18.500SEK .
    Travel in September. But got a nice travel plan this month ARN-HKG-BKK-HKG-ARN for 14.500SEK, AF in Premium and TG Business.

David
    Participant

Thanks Senator for the info.

I ended up booking Austrian (for 22K SEK) which was about the same as the Finnair and Turkish fare. I’ve flown TK and OY on the route and enjoy QR too (which was priced about 6K SEK less), but as you say the 8.5 hour stopover in DOH is a bit long.

Too bad the OY 777-200 doesn’t have a true lay-flat bed (a plus that normally puts me on BA) but I need a few miles to keep up my Star Gold Status!

Best wishes.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls