Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• Anonymous

peter19
    Participant

There are some good offers at the moment on sale for BA with Hol/ Car package.Noted examples here on HFP: http://www.headforpoints.com/2016/05/12/british-airways-holidays-christmas-deals/

Not only does it cover Christmas but BA sent an email with a September NY example in the sale with an additional offer for 30K – £300 avios discount on premium cabins (that’s double the standard cash value off)

Not quite as good as last year when they were offering 30K avios spend for near 50% off which at the time was about £700.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

BA seem to be having a SALE every other week at the moment.

Please don’t get me wrong, I am all for cheaper airfares and quite frankly, I still believe BA are paying me to fly… but perhaps rather than marketing another sale, why not just admit fares are continually coming down…

I worked out recently that my average trip cost to Asia, over the past 8 years has reduced by over 40%… and that’s flying BA Club…..

peter19
    Participant

It seems more regular now and Qatar’s frequency of different deals is another example.

I think you are right though Martyn and interesting to see the 40% on your frequent trips.

I think there is a change in leisure travel in terms of people are more aware now that they can fly Business for a holiday where before it would not have been affordable to some but also with the likes of HFP/Bloggers and other sites the publication of these fares is much more out there.
    I for one have flown more Business Class travel on leisure flights recently than i have traveled in business class for work – all my travel is now nearly WT or WTP if approved for a very long haul flight based on cuts in spending.

dutchyankee
    Participant

Is it not also a sign of the times as travel is down around the world due to the terrible events recently. Hotel chains also seem to be regularly on sale these days. For those of us still needing to or wanting to travel, it’s a great opportunity to save.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

@dutchyankee – I think its more a question of capacity is up, costs are being squeezed and competition is greater.

I don’t think world events are reducing travel numbers, Quite the opposite, I very rarely see more than a couple of empty seats on the routes I fly..

dutchyankee
    Participant

You’re probably right Martyn. The flight I was on to DXB over a week ago was well overbooked, but then a number of flights I have been doing to Poland, Turkey and Russia have been empty, so maybe its more a localised downturn; for sure Turkey is down by over 40% according to official I have had discussions with.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls