BA – routes with new WTP seats?

Back to Forum
Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)

• DisgustedofSwieqi
    Participant

Honest Crew

You are trying to communicate with a particularly challenging individual, who

– complains about people associating him/her with BA, whilst behaving like a spin doctor for the company

– says he disikes posts that name individuals, but then names individuals , often in an insulting manner

– often states ‘facts’ that subsequently turn out to be speculation

– knows more than BA employees, whist denying any connection to the company

– expresses strong opions, e.g. on mixed mode runway ops at LHR, but neither understands the subject nor will answer reasonable questions that challenge the polemic

In short, a real Walter Mitty candidate.

It was interesting to note when the same handle began posting on PPRune (where many BA employees contribute), in the same vein, it did not take to long for the regular posters there inform him/her that s/he was talkig rot.. Of ourse, the handle could just have been coincidental.

In short, I wouldn’t worry about it.

I take about 100 segments a year, know a number of people in BA (from the time I did some consulting work for CS&S/Im at Heathrow) and can see that you are the genuine article, not a pompous cut and paster.

In short, just let it run off your back like water off a duck, 10 words from you are worth 10,000 from the person who says you talk rubbish.

HonestCrew
    Participant

DofS

Very kind of you to say so. I appreciate your comment and the time taken to write it.

Cheers.

DisgustedofSwieqi
    Participant

Least I could do.

As you have probably read on here, I’m not a big fan of ‘BA – the company’, but I know that a lot of good people work there.

Tete_de_cuvee
    Participant

I would go further DoS.

The prolific poster VK inveigles using the cloak of breaking BA news and sourcing useful information to build credibility.

Repeatedly he has been caught making mendacious claims and quoting unsupported figures to embellish his agenda or add credence to his propaganda.

Why does an alleged business traveller who asserts he has “no material interest” continue to evangalise BA agitprop hogwash at every opportunity and malign any poster who fails to share his view?

VintageKrug
    Participant

The doublespeak is breathtaking.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

welcome back everyone – where did the summer go??

VintageKrug
    Participant

Still summer here 🙂

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO7zGCsemiY

HonestCrew
    Participant

Spent most of it taxiing for take off at LHR.

vagabond108
    Participant

Just bumping this thread up.. its been 8 months since we discussed this topic. Meanwhile I made a few trips around on BA LHR – DEL/ BOM/ NYC/ YYZ and NONE of them had the new WTP.. It must be my bad luck that I am getting the old one, but wondering how many aircrafts have been converted to the new WTP seats and on which routes they are operating… the BA website says they operate on selected flights to and from Hong Kong, Los Angeles, New York JFK, Shanghai and Tokyo Narita (not sure how upto-date this info is) – which seems a very limited list.. gives the feeling that not much progress has been made in conversion….

MarkCymru
    Participant

The first posting from Honest Crew about travellers on India routes sounds, to be honest, slightly racist.

I travel to India (and within India) a lot. Given the choice of DEL – BOM on Indigo (the largest budget carrier) or BRS – DUB on Ryanair (or even LHR – CDG on BA in economy), I know which I would pick. On Indigo, the check-in will be faster, the boarding will be better organised, the plane will be cleaner, the staff will be nicer, the passengers will be more considerate, the level of hand baggage will be reasonable and, by the way, the toilets will be spotless because the crew go in to clean them periodically during the flight.

If free food and drink were the key to survival in the Indian market, Kingfisher (BA’s erstwhile partner) would be booming and Indigo (where only the water’s free) would be bankrupt. In fact, Indigo makes a decent profit and Kingfisher is in its (prolonged) death throes.

Talking of failing carriers, Air India has its problems but every time I fly on it, it’s very clean and the service is unflustered.

As for passengers who will “fully appreciate the IFE”, does the word “Bollywood” ring any bells?

rodders
    Participant

Just a note to say I flew DOH/LHR about 10 days ago and had one of the refurbished 777 200’s, with the new 777 300 style interior in all 4 classes, it was very good, as was the new IFE offering, so it is coming albeit slowly…

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls