BA Reward Flights

Back to Forum
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• Anonymous

Deleted_User
    Participant

Yesterday I made a redemption booking in Business Class (Heathrow to Madrid with BA, connecting to an Iberia flight to my final destination).

I was a bit puzzled to see that not only would I be awarded Avios but also Tier points.

??

Papillion53
    Participant

Can anyone enlighten me as to how you make reward bookings online with several flight sectors with stopovers in one journey? Or do I have to just sort out the flights I want and then phone BAEC? Thanks! 🙂

BA744fan
    Participant

simonhb – I also booked Reward Flights with BA yesterday and saw that I would earn Avios and Tier Points on the flights.

Anyone know why?

VintageKrug
    Participant

You do not earn avios and TPs unless it’s a UUA (Upgrade Using avios, formerly known as MFU), when you earn avios and TPs on the underlying fare purchased.

If it’s a full redemption, and the system is telling you you will earn TPs and avios, then it’s a system error.

http://www.britishairways.com/travel/managebooking/public/en_us

Deleted_User
    Participant

BA744fan

Does your reservation include another oneworld carrier? If so, that may be the answer to our question.

VK

My booking is a full redemption, not UUA. Whether or not I will be awarded Avios and TPs remains to be seen. It would be a nice surprise though.

BA744fan
    Participant

My booking is a normal return flight on BA booked through BAEC. No frills. No add ons. Hopefully the BA system won’t spot its error.

ConcordeFlyer
    Participant

This happened to me last year on flight from LHR to YYZ return (out in first, back in Club).
    Could not believe my luck…it soon changed though.
    Once the system recognises that is is a redemption, the tier points and avios credits fall away.

Binman62
    Participant

Just further evidence of how shot BA.com is.

It is an error, but the whole system is riddled with them, simply cannot be trusted!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls