BA Reservation Assurance

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Anonymous

ZaabSethna
    Participant

One of the benefits of BA Gold Exec Club membership is supposedly “reservation assurance” which guarantees you an economy seat on any BA flight. Well I decided to put it to the test today to get a seat on a full flight from Kuwait-LHR later this month. Can’t say I was surprised when BA reservations informed me that reservation assurance “does not always assure you a seat” and they are unable to give me a seat on this flight. Typical of BA. Yet another deception.

Gin&Tonic
    Participant

I would not say deception as the terms on the web site clearly do show that, I would howeve agree its pointless and offers no value to gold card holders.

ZaabSethna
    Participant

Yes on the website it mentions an exception for “circumstances beyond our control”. I wonder what exactly is beyond BA’s control when it comes to filling seats on their own aircraft? In this case they refused to tell me what the circumstances are but simply that the reservation assurance cannot be used.

continentalclub
    Participant

Reservation Assurance, oddly, doesn’t appear on the Gold benefits page, but does on the Silver one:

http://bit.ly/blwPiI

It does fairly strongly highlight the caveat:

Note: Reservation Assurance cannot be guaranteed, as circumstances beyond our control may mean we are unable to offer this service. Your full fare economy ticket needs to be booked in the following classes: Y, B, H and C (on UK Domestic routes). Unfortunately we are unable to extend this service to your travelling companions, or ensure you are allocated a particular seat.

I assume that the flight in question is subject to a particularly exceptional booking profile – perhaps a large number of ‘group’ travellers – for which no-show rates tend to be far lower than for a service booked by a majority of individuals and smaller parties.

In any event, this can hardly be described as a ‘deception’.

CMoir12
    Participant

It happened to me before and the reason given was that there was already too many reservation assurances on the flight and the flight was too oversold.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls