British Airways Relaxes Tier Point Requirements

Back to Forum
Viewing 13 posts - 61 through 73 (of 73 total)

• Keith
    Participant

Glad to say I received the same news today Well done BA but having said that no sensible alternative . It will keep me loyal

2 users thanked author for this post.

Montysaurus
    Participant

Me too! Good for BA.

Swissdiver
    Participant

GreenScot
    Participant

It works for those renewing this year, but I am a January renewal. I hope they later in the year review for early next year. I have no legitimate reason to fly now, so I can’t. Assuming we all can from summer (and there are long haul places we can get to), it only gives me six months to renew my current GGL, which I can’t see as feasible.

Swissdiver
    Participant

[postquote quote=1094628]

There will be case by case reviewing, I think. BA, like others, seems to be pragmatic here. My expiry is in May for instance. While I wasn’t concerned by the various announcements, I was nevertheless automatically renewed until May 2022. So if we do restart travelling long haul in the Fall (which I hope), there is a good chance your tier status will be extended to 2023.

CathayLoyalist2
    Participant

It costs any airline absolutely nothing in extending status for this year and probably next but a lot of much needed goodwill. They will need every loyal customer they can lay their hands on. CX extended my status back in January until May 2022. I guess the $ 64,000 question is when will long haul travel build some traction that allows frequent travel. I am guessing not much until next year

InfrequentFlyer
    Participant

My renewal is on the 08th jan every year so just miss out by a week. I wrote to BA the day after the announcement and after several exchanges, the result was the same as the first response – a flat out NO to any extension of mine – though the standard ‘keep an eye out as we are reviewing our policy’ mantra. This may well be true and maybe they will further extend the extension to ALL of their customers not just some, but the staggering short-sightedness of this beggars belief.

SwissExPat
    Participant

My renewal is in November 2021.

I just checked on the App and yes, my expiry (Silver) is now noted as being in Nov 2022.

Good Move BA.

1 user thanked author for this post.

FormerBA
    Participant

With every day that passes the need to extend this beyond December 2021 becomes greater.

My year end is April 22 but between now and then I have just one booking; a highly speculative trip to Asia in August. This trip was only booked because it generated enough Tier points to renew and provided the 4 sectors. This combined and with a trip later in the year might even mean I could make gold. If it doesn’t happen (and BA have already cancelled the final sector and re booked me) then there is no way I could re qualify by April given my job and travel plans.

My BA flying had decreased sharply before this pandemic, it would all but vanish if my status were downgraded.

saltbayfour
    Participant

Fly with us at least four times and earn 600 Tier Points, or. Take a total of 50 British Airways flights.

FormerBA
    Participant

Over the weekend BA culled a lot of services in July to much of Europe and even domestic services. I had 4 separate flights cancelled and pretty much canned any travel plans I had for summer 2021. I fully expect a long haul journey to Bali to go in the next few days and in total over 700 tier points will not now be earned.
    My travel pattern is driven by work commitments and so I am limited to July/August for long haul and have the odd intra-Europe flight for weekends away the rest of the year. Those journeys (predominately in Y) are made bearable by having lounge access and that drives me towards BA for those flights.
    Aside form the loss of yet another years travel (thanks entirely to this countries incompetent global fantasist PM who kept borders open and allowed the UK to be flooded with the delta variant) it is just so very depressing.

Montysaurus
    Participant

Given my wish to retain Tier status, are the regulars able to advise me? If I upgrade with Avios what proportion of tier points will I get? Likewise if I part pay with Avios what proportion of tier points will I get? The information is possibly on the Exec Club part of BA’s site but I haven’t found it. Over the years I have either used Avios or paid the cash price for flights but never a combination.

strikvid
    Blocked

This combined and with a trip later in the year might even mean I could make gold

Viewing 13 posts - 61 through 73 (of 73 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls