British Airways Relaxes Tier Point Requirements

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 73 total)

• FaroFlyer
    Participant

It seems that BA are ahead of the pack now

BREAKING: Wow – BA comes up trumps with Executive Club status extensions and more

2 users thanked author for this post.

TominScotland
    Participant

It seems that my status extension has been extended to all BAEC members in a move that appears to be more generous than that offered by other airlines.

BREAKING: Wow – BA comes up trumps with Executive Club status extensions and more

This good news for many members.

2 users thanked author for this post.

TominScotland
    Participant

Apologies, FaroFlyer, you got in before me!!

1 user thanked author for this post.

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

Yes, that’s right – our story is up now –

British Airways extends tier status of Executive Club Members by a year

GreenScot
    Participant

Does anyone know if they are extending CCR cards too for current GGL members with it? Doesn’t reference it, so I am trying to work out if GGL status is extended but not the CCR card?

penultimate
    Participant

It is good news but I know my wife will be disappointed that the 30% lower threshold does not apply to her renewal. Her year end is August and she is currently Silver with 1300 points. Under the 30% lower threshold she would have renewed at Gold but I don’t believe that applies for renewals from July onward. She would have easily reached 1500 but for the pandemic. Except for the current year she had been gold for 10 years and was looking forward to rejoining gold status.
    I wonder if she writes to them if they will consider giving her Gold. I won’t hold my breath.

Keith
    Participant

I was delighted to receive the email today confirming retained status. BA met my expectations on renewing my Gold status and well exceeded my expectations on lowering the renewal threshold in 2021.

Now I need USA to allow me back, for the FCO to say I can travel and get back to grand kids in Florida. I even found an insurer for medical emergency consts relating to corona so a happy day in our family

Alextpa
    Participant

So for someone like me who is on 570 tier points today, my executive club renews on 6th September, I take it with the 25% off 600 Silver level, I’ll be given Silver again for next year ?

pilot1500
    Participant

I don’t think you need to worry.

Every one at whatever Club level after July 2020 will automatically be extended for 1 year. So you should be covered regardless of the number of points you have as yours expires in September.

Alextpa
    Participant

Thanks, wasn’t sure if my 570 points will also carry in to next year.

I’ll wait and see what happens, only use Silver to book my seat in advance really.

ontherunhome
    Participant

I think this is a good outcome.To be fair, after a trong letter to legal dept, BA repaid fares quite quickly, unlike LH. I dont have much planned at the moment, but with this new development, may well try and do a tier run trip to Asia, and go for Gold. Greta will be upset.

Swissdiver
    Participant

I wasn’t covered by the latest extension announced a few months ago (May is my expiry month) and didn’t get any info from BA. While however checking my account, I had the pleasure to see my card expiry date is now in 2022 (but the points collection period still ends in 2021). So there is hope 🙂

Montysaurus
    Participant

I was wondering if any of you have any information on the likelihood of BA extending EC status again. I had 7 flights cancelled last year and happily took vouchers. I rebooked 5 of those flights for the first 3 months of 2021 back in June 20 thinking things might well be more or less back to normal- how wrong I was!
    All 5 of my first 2021 flights have now been cancelled and I suspect that, at this rate, I will struggle to maintain status this year even at the reduced levels. Do you think it is likely that status will be extended again given the current prognosis for travel this year? Any inside information?

CathayLoyalist2
    Participant

Montysaurus, that is a question we will all be asking of our preferred airline in my case CX. In November CX carried 1.28% of their capacity compared with 2019 so I thikn nearly everyone in the Marco Polo will not get anywhere near meeting the renewal criteria. It is reasonable to assume all the airlines will do whatever it takes to get people to stay loyal. Then again ……

TominScotland
    Participant

Just received this e-mail from BA – good move, BA!!

We’re here for you, like you’ve been there for us

Dear tominscotland

We know that brighter skies are on the horizon and we can’t wait to reunite you with the people and places you love. Until then, we’ll be supporting you and your membership every step of the way.

Your loyalty means the world to us. That’s why we’ve extended Tier status by another 12 months for those Executive Club Members with a Tier Point collection end date between 1 July 2021 and 31 December 2021. This means that any Member renewing in 2021 will enjoy their status for another year, irrespective of how many Tier Points they earn. So, you’ll have more chance to enjoy the benefits you deserve, whenever you’re ready to return to the skies.

What’s more, we’ve added an extra six months to any Executive Club vouchers in your account that were due to expire before 31 December 2021. You can find out more about all the ways we are supporting you and your membership at ba.com

We hope your day just got a little brighter.

With best wishes,
    Your Executive Club Team

3 users thanked author for this post.
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 73 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls