BA refusing to honour Avios and TPs earned on Qatar Airways?

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• TiredOldHack2
    Participant

That’s the story on HeadForPoints right now. But what stinks is that it <i>seems</i> as if they’re actually applying the ban retrospectively to tickets already booked.

If that’s so, then that kills my Gold renewal, as I booked back in June on one of QR’s sales for flights in March 2017 to Singapore. It will also kill my flying BA.

TiredOldHack2
    Participant

Update: Looks like BAEC has stated that they will honour R business class TPs and Avios after all – see Flyertalk for all the details.

Does appear to have been a massive cock-up somewhere…

Reeferman
    Participant

Just checked the BA website and it is indeed now showing that “R” Class fares will earn TPs and Avios. Have taken a print-out just in case things are “enhanced” again before my trip!

AnthonyDunn
    Participant

HFP has updated the story to state that BA/QR have corrected what was (yet another) “IT glitch” and “R” bucket tickets will still earn both TPs and Avios.

seasonedtraveller
    Participant

I’ve just flown LHR to Doha and Doha to PEK with Qatar and the miles appeared on my BA account 5 days later. No problem.

Cloud-9
    Participant

Flying QR next month to get BA gold. Took screen shot yesterday just in case, but all should be ok now

IT error or desperate backtracking?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls