British Airways Refund Dilemma

Back to Forum
Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

• ASK1945
    Participant

[quote quote=1201259]The 100k avios was recredited within a week (incl email from BA)

I received an email about the 30k avios saying that “BAEC does not handle avios refunds and You need to contact my nearest Contact Centre”
    Same Channel, same issue, 2 different outcomes.
    In the past these avios refund used to automaticallt be recredited. Am not sure how CORONA has affected the BA IT programming ? ? ?[/quote]

Yes, there is certainly some sort of problem. A short while after I received my credit card refund from BA, mentioned above, I noticed that they had withdrawn the equivalent number Avios from my Avios account. But this was a Reward Flight refund, so I was going to attempt to find out what they were doing. I didn’t receive Avios for the now cancelled flight – rather I spent them. However, before i could take action, a few hours later this debit of Avios was missing and a refund of the Avios I spent on the flight had been credited back to me.

I suspect these refunds are being done manually and some of the operators are not trained well enough. This may be what you suffered.

FRANCESCABARNES
    Participant

Try [email protected], I believe this to be Doyle’s email.

I have after countless emails and phone calls going back over 4 months just got my Avios refunded.

I didn’t get the chance to write to the above email as the last lot of Avios came through a day after I got this address.

Good luck.

steave
    Participant

Why do you not direct call on their numbers?

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls