BA priority boarding

Back to Forum
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

• FDOS_UK
    Participant

I have an idea to save money for the cruzifier…………..

Abolish family pre-boarding, BAEC card priority and seat allocation (only limit it by class) – it’s every man/woman and and child for themselves.

The fittest will get on first and take the best seats and the overhead bins – everyone will be highly motivated and the boarding time will be reduced, saving money for BA.

If you cannot find a place for your rollaboard, it gets off-loaded and destroyed without compensation – that will teach people to bring under seat bags.

Evolution will benefit from the runts of the litter being weeded out.

Whaddya think?

Edski777
    Participant

Fun. I also liked the idea of a captain in Nigeria years ago that made all passengers on an overbooked flight run around the plane. The fastest ones were allowed to baord, the others…well, they had some extra shopping time. My guess is that anyone in premium cabins (old fatcats. overweight businessmen, etc.), people with children, elderly, the drunk, obese and those with excessive handluggage would be weeded out.
    Evolution gets served, but also the class war is quickly settled. Mo Farah and the likes would probably have the best seats on any flight.

I’m of to the gym. Have a flight within Europe later this week. Also signing up for a martial arts training as I will be travelling to the US with some local flights in a couple of months. My travel insurance comes with legal coverage nowadays.

Flying: I won’t take no chances anymore. Thanks to sites like BT I travel informed and prepared. 🙂

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Well Edski, I guess that’s me consigned to future travel by steamer them?

seasonedtraveller
    Participant

[quote quote=802508]I have an idea to save money for the cruzifier…………..

The fittest will get on first and take the best seats and the overhead bins – everyone will be highly motivated and the boarding time will be reduced, saving money for BA.

Whaddya think?

[/quote]

But, this is the way it is now…almost
    Where’s your great idea??
    😉

FDOS_UK
    Participant

At the moment, there is a clear priority boarding protocol, which you qualify for by

1 – buying the cheapest HBO fare you can find
    2 – ensuring your rollaboard fits in BA’s spec
    3 – proceeding to the gate
    4 – listening carefully for a ‘this flight is fulll……’ call
    5 – rushing to the gate podium
    6 – agreeing to check your bag (which you haven’t paid for)
    7 – getting priority boarding (which you don’t qualify for under the fare/BAEC rules)
    8- if you are in a party, even better, as they seem to extend the priority boarding to all members, even if one bag only is check in

My great idea is to level the playing field 😉

canucklad
    Participant

Love the Nigerian story Edski, and maybe United could have adopted a similar approach last week.
    Maybe a game of airplane musical chairs, de-plane everybody back to the gate, sneak the dead header on, whilst the Benny Hill tune strikes up, once the music stops ,well you can guess the rest…….

FDOS_UK
    Participant

[quote quote=802531]Love the Nigerian story Edski, and maybe United could have adopted a similar approach last week.
    Maybe a game of airplane musical chairs, de-plane everybody back to the gate, sneak the dead header on, whilst the Benny Hill tune strikes up, once the music stops ,well you can guess the rest…….

[/quote]

Or, you make a PA – is there a doctor onboard …… well, you know the rest 😉

Cloud-9
    Participant

If onky United had adaopted the Nigerian pilot’s idea they would have had no problem last week, as it is likely that several of their passengers would have dropped dead on the tarmac whilst attempting to run round the plane 😉

FDOS_UK
    Participant

[quote quote=802542]If onky United had adaopted the Nigerian pilot’s idea they would have had no problem last week, as it is likely that several of their passengers would have dropped dead on the tarmac whilst attempting to run round the plane ?

[/quote]

Good point.

Johnnyg
    Participant

Like Cloud-9’s idea, then the call would go out’is there a doctor on board’, oh wait!!!!!!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls