BA pleasure

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 53 total)

• KeaneJohn
    Participant

One of the wow moments was on a severely delayed flight from LGW to MAN the lounge dragon brought the First Officer over to me as he wanted to explain the delay. He said he would get the gate to call the lounge when the flight was ready so ignore the monitors and shortly after he walked away one of the lounge staff said that she overheard the conversation and thought I might like another glass of champagne as my flight was delayed. Truly joined up service.

Most of my Thursday or Friday night departures to Prague in CE have been exceptional. Near restaurant quality food served efficiently with drinks topped up throughout. Cabin crew really knew how to add the personal touches to every aspect of the service.

Tallinnman
    Participant

Best recent experience on BA was booking CW flight to Las Vegas on their website!

The sale was on and I was able to pick up a 5 sector route ex AMS back via SFO and LAX (VFR) for £1800.

Long haul flight to Vegas is ex LGW where I only have great experiences of the crew and service.

Chapeau!

Brett88
    Participant

I’m not wealthy and not used to travelling long haul on anything other than Y, so I tend to not be fussy when I fly J with BA if I’m honest… and as a result my flights have been great!

Flew with them to Barbados in J about 6 years ago from Gatwick. They were great. Recently got upgraded to J from ICN-LHR and they were superb. They brought my ‘girlfriend’ up from Y to join me as there was a free seat. The service was excellent and the crew were all lovely (bar one very bland man who was neither overly pleasant nor unpleasant). The food, while hardly Michelin star, wouldn’t have been out of place in a decent enough restaurant. Drinks were also good.

I’ve no doubt the Asian airlines offer much better standard of service (Cathay and Asiana in Y are amazing) but people act like flying BA is a hellish experience.

1nfrequent
    Participant

I’ve given credit in my reviews, but the check in staff at LBA were excellent – proactive, friendly and genuinely seemed to care. Couldn’t speak highly enough of them.

1F

wishbone
    Participant

My first post here so thought it should be a positive one!!

Have been a regular flyer for over 20 years, and generally believe BA gives a good service for the price.
    I mean have you flown KLM / Air France recently – a lot worse than BA. Lufthanser is good but usually more expensive than BA and I do generally have a positive experiences at T5, the lounges their are good (even though only one flavour crisps have recently been on offer ;-))
    I for one will continue to use them as my favoured airline

BigDog.
    Participant

What goes around….

Spring Air, a Chinese Airline has picked up on a key reason why BA was the world’s favourite airline… before egregious Walsh.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2365498/Chinese-airline-hires-flight-aunties-stewardesses-reliable-trolley-dollies.html

EnigmaticStar
    Participant

LGW – CMB 12/07/13

Possibly the best member of cabin staff I’ve ever seen. Imna, a very gracious lady who smiled throughout. Nothing was too much trouble. She engaged with all of her passengers but there was nothing false about it. She should be a role model for others!

JC

ImissConcorde
    Participant

EnigmaticStar – As B.A try to enter the modern world and reward staff for performance rather than length of service I hope you’ve managed to find time to feed back to B.A. about you experience.

http://www.britishairways.com/travel/webforms/public/en_gb?eId=120001&wfpId=customer_compliments

BigDog.
    Participant

Mmm – one hopes Imissconcorde’s valid point is applied to Pilots as performance as well as supply/demand should impact reward. Salaries in excess of £100k can no longer be justified especially if BA are seeking to reduce costs elsewhere.

Xuluman
    Participant

And how BigDog would you analyse the performance of the pilot? You have no idea.

BA pilots have already taken a huge hit in their terms, and a new pay scale is active for joiners. And yes, that will eventually take them over £100k and beyond.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

“Salaries in excess of £100k can no longer be justified” – interesting comment… are you saying pilots are overpaid… 🙂 ??

BigDog.
    Participant

Xuluman – 17/07/2013 17:19 GMT

“And how BigDog would you analyse the performance of the pilot? You have no idea”

Quite an arrogant and condescending statement… the norm for pilots?

Am sure professionals in the industry could answer your point far more objectively, though as a layperson I would consider including –
    – score from annual tests and checks including simulator assessment.
    – reviewing tapes from jetties/stands showing rigor of pre-flight checks.
    – 360 degree feedback from other crew members and staff.
    – any customer feedback
    – training feedback
    – accuracy of fuel/weight etc calculations.
    – maybe frequency of X surplus fuel over 2sigma for the route
    – optimal routing %

How would you Xuluman assess performance? Or are all pilots pretty much of a muchness with no discernible performance characteristics once they have the required licences and have passed employer training/assessment, in which case I would like to amend the £100k max downwards.

And yes Martyn, astute as ever 😉

Xuluman
    Participant

No no BigDog. Don’t add to the list; 6 feet is enough.

BigDog.
    Participant

Again more arrogance and condescension… may I assume you are a BA pilot? At least the various BA cabin crew who post here are professional and have the integrity to share the fact with us and are duly respected.

So I guess Xuluman given you have been incapable of identifying discernible performance characteristics yourself then you should view it as pointless having a seniority based structure for pilots with salary scales which are an anathema nowadays, especially as BA is cutting costs. Basically they are unjustified.

millionsofmiles
    Participant

@BigDog

Why do you think you are
    -able and in the position
    to argue about other people’s income and income structure?
    So how about banksters, garbage collectors and public employees?

Do you also have the ideal salary structures in your head?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 53 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls