BA plane lands in Edinburgh instead of Dusseldorf… by mistake

Back to Forum
Viewing 11 posts - 31 through 41 (of 41 total)

• FaroFlyer
    Participant

Landed at Stansted last night on FR and purser welcomed us to Edinburgh, then laughed, as did the passengers.

1 user thanked author for this post.

CathayLoyalist2
    Participant

I have found out the names of the flight deck crew. Captain Corbyn and Junior First Officer McDonnell

3 users thanked author for this post.

SimonS1
    Participant

[quote quote=925942]I have found out the names of the flight deck crew. Captain Corbyn and Junior First Officer McDonnell[/quote]

I thought they were the replacement crew that took the passengers to their preferred destination after Captain May negotiated the wrong flight plan?

2 users thanked author for this post.

esselle
    Participant

Imagine that Capt Corbyn and JFO McDonnell became the flight deck by default because nobody else could fly the plane? I would probably look for other means of transport.

TimFitzgeraldTC
    Participant

I spoke to someone at BA last night and he said they’d be sending an ADM to all the passengers for flying extra legs and out of sequence coupon use!

On a serious note though I’m curious though as to how no-one in a window seat looking down didn’t realise they were flying the wrong way (unless thick cloud – but didn’t think there was). If it has been me I’d have asked cabin crew why were flying in wrong direction as I can pick out most places in UK from the air. (given things like MH and other tragic accidents it might have been quite worrying and for a few moments would have been thinking what the hell!).

CS KOK
    Participant

[quote quote=926070]I spoke to someone at BA last night and he said they’d be sending an ADM to all the passengers for flying extra legs and out of sequence coupon use!

On a serious note though I’m curious though as to how no-one in a window seat looking down didn’t realise they were flying the wrong way (unless thick cloud – but didn’t think there was). If it has been me I’d have asked cabin crew why were flying in wrong direction as I can pick out most places in UK from the air. (given things like MH and other tragic accidents it might have been quite worrying and for a few moments would have been thinking what the hell!).[/quote]

Not many people can navigate looking out a window (or even figure out which direction they are flying)

Bullfrog
    Participant

With a little bit of humour, ‘Welcome aboard this British Airways flight .. I am your captain, Theresa May’

capetonianm
    Participant

“My name is Theresa May. I may be your captain, or I may not be. It may depend on a number of things. Whilst I dither, cabin crew please secure the cabin….”

K1ngston
    Participant

Or indeed: ” This is your Captain Theresa May. The plan is to leave the airport at 29 past the hour, however this may change, it could be the almost immediately or we could be indefinitely delayed! I will put it to the crew, and get their opinion, and if its not what I want to hear I will put it them again! Of course at no time will I ask your opinion again! .. Have a nice flight!!!

ImissConcorde
    Participant

And another one…..

A Scandinavian Flight Landed at the Wrong City in Italy Thursday

GivingupBA
    Participant

[quote quote=929361]And another one….. [/quote]

Thanks for posting that. This is all getting very worrying. Here’s a lighthearted joke – what’s the most extreme “wrong airport event” possible? — I suggest a London – Manchester flight which lands in Auckland (sorry, it’s a slow Sunday here).

Actually a search of the past finds many cases of planes landing at nearby but wrong airports, usually due to pilot error, but I suggest that London – Edinburgh instead of Dusseldorf is a fairly extreme/ bad case.

Viewing 11 posts - 31 through 41 (of 41 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls