BA Overview – November 2010 – issue 45

Back to Forum
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Anonymous

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Page 12 of the shareholders magazine quotes one of the key figures for the BA Joint Business with AA & IB

“Nearly 5178 daily departures”

Do BA have the same number of take offs and landings per day, even accounting for the long haul time changes? What does the word “nearly” imply??

VintageKrug
    Participant

I would imagine that the number of daily departures varies between weekends and midweek (especially as LCY is highly restricted on weekends) and some services don’t operate daily.

You can read the full Overview Magazine here:

http://media.corporate-ir.net/media_files/IROL/69/69499/OverviewNov10lowresFULL.pdf

MartynSinclair
    Participant

That is exactly where I obtained the figure from, it is just a curious way to explain its daily aircraft movements. Surely BA know where its aeroplanes are (one would presume). The number of weekend / weekend movements are a known figure, surely in such a document clarity should rule. I will have a word with William when I next see him.

Rioja112
    Participant

Just speculating where this number is coming from:

Maybe in a week there are 36244 departures (just as an example).

This would make for 5177.714286 departures per day (36,244/7).

Nearly 5178 a day.

LHRtraveller
    Participant

During the week out of LHR BA short-haul operation is in average 203 departures a day, about 170 on Saturday and about 190 on a Sunday. I believe there is about 70 long haul departure a day out of LHR. I believe that the 5178 departures a day is including all the code share.

RogerVictor
    Participant

Average Heathrow movement rates are around the 1350 movements a day – roughly split 50/50 departures and arrivals. Think BA probably account for about 40% of this total.

Saturday the average movement rate is 1250

Busiest day was in July this year at 1384

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls