BA Operational Update – Weather in Northern Europe 15 June 2016

Back to Forum
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• Anonymous

Carajillo2Sugar
    Participant

Poor weather in Northern Europe is affecting the operation this afternoon, Wednesday 15 June 2016. Reduced flow rates are in place at both Heathrow and Gatwick, and flights are being delayed in order to avoid rainstorms across the North Sea and English Channel.
    =========================================================

Obviously, this will affect other airlines, too, so check your departures board if travelling today!

FDOS_UK
    Participant

“flights are being delayed in order to avoid rainstorms “

‘kin unbelievable, which nutjob issued this bulletin?

Thunderstorms, yes, but rainstorms? Commercial aviation would grind to a halt, very quickly.

WillieWelsh
    Participant

Some BA beancounter has worked out that taking off in the rain uses a millilitre more fuel than in the dry hence delays all round 😉

MrMichael
    Participant

Why are BA accountants being blamed for NATS reducing flow rates at LHR?

DavidSmith2
    Participant

I was at LGW this afternoon – 16.50 departure. No obvious sign of delays. Lounge was overfull and slow but that’s par for the course nowadays.

JeffD
    Participant

I was due to fly MAN-LHR tomorrow afternoon have been informed by email this has been cancelled. I am trying to rebook my flight, been on hold for nearly an hour !!! and oh joy, the BA website has a temporary fault. Not what I need this week, taking 8 flights in 5 days, so far 1 flight on time, 4 delayed flights and now a cancelled one. Not a good week.

FDOS_UK
    Participant

If all else fails, Virgin Trains will get you from Piccadilly to Euston in 2 hours 9 minutes.

openfly
    Participant

BA loves this type of warning…weather, ATC strikes etc. as it means they can cancel/combine lightly loaded flights without having to pay EU261 or other compensation. Me, cynical?!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls