BA On Business

Back to Forum
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• stevescoots
    Participant

On Business, is it worth it? I have read the blurb I get sent from time to time. The pros they show but what are the Cons? Anyone else use it?

EasternPedlar
    Participant

Yes it is!!

You get another set of points in your on business account at no extra cost. Flight availability using onbiz points is often better than for avios bookings.

It’s a no brainer. Go for an onbiz account if your company is eligible.

stevescoots
    Participant

Thanks,

So you get company points and personal points (personal ones earned at same rate
    Any restrictions such as earning points on the personal account on other OW carriers?
    Cannot use On Biz points for reward flights on other carriers?
    Are on biz points earned only if booked through BA or are they still earned if booked via 3rd part such as an agent?

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

[quote quote=831513]So you get company points and personal points (personal ones earned at same rate[/quote]

Yes, that’s right

Any restrictions such as earning points on the personal account on other OW carriers?

If I understand the question, you still earn points in your personal account as normal.

You can only earn and redeem OnBiz points on BA, AA and Iberia.

Are on biz points earned only if booked through BA or are they still earned if booked via 3rd part such as an agent?

Yes, they are.

OnBusiness

If you do, could you please add a referral for our OB number !

OB10304273

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

On thing I should mention if you are thinking of signing up is that you should sign up when you have some long haul travel coming up, not short haul.

There’s a good bonus for signing up as follows

Triple Points to start you off

Join today and your company will earn triple On Business Points on the first six flight sectors that your company takes with us, or on selected routes with eligible partner airlines within your first 12 months of joining.

6 flight sectors are 6 individual direct flights. If you need to connect to an onward destination, this will count as 2 flight sectors e.g. Paris-London-New York. A direct return (or round-trip) flight, e.g. London-New York-London will count as 2 flight sectors.

It therefore makes sense that they are not short haul ones !

stevescoots
    Participant

Thanks!

can i just clarify, On BIZ points are awarded if booked via an agent?

frustratedflyer
    Participant

Yes that is correct. On Business is also good as sometimes they seem to have extra award flight availability which you cannot find on a personal ba.com account.

TheArchitect
    Participant

The only downside is that they disappear if you don’t use them in a fixed period, unlike Avios which carry on as long as you keep flying.
    I inadvertently lost 6000 last year by not keeping my eye own the ball!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls