BA Offers 5,000 Miles for All T5 Late Departures

Back to Forum
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Anonymous

VintageKrug
    Participant

Welcome news:

Executive Club Members receive 5,000 BA Miles for delayed flights

Ensuring that our customers depart on time is part of British Airways’ ongoing commitment to provide outstanding service.

So if their flight is delayed leaving from Terminal 5 within 15 minutes of its scheduled departure time during the coming weeks, we’ll be offering more than just an apology.

British Airways UK Executive Club members travelling in Club Europe, Euro Traveller or on Domestic Flights* (JCDYBH) departing from Terminal 5 between 30 July and 02 September 2008 will receive 5,000 BA Miles if their flight departs more than 15 minutes after its scheduled departure time**.

That’s more than half the Miles needed for a reward flight to Paris, Geneva or
    Amsterdam.

We have continued to make improvements to the customer experience over the last few monthsand this is our way of emphasising our commitment to being consistently punctual.

* Excluding flights to Tel Aviv ** In the airline industry, ‘on time’ means flights departing within 15 minutes of the scheduled time.

Fastflyer
    Participant

This seems like a brave move by BA – does depart mean leave the stand or take off?

Cleancabinair
    Participant

Yes… I agree BA need to provide a written definition of ‘departure’ from Terminal 5, to have any validity or meaning

JuliusORiordan
    Participant

Do BA think we’re stupid? The offer expires at the beginning of September just when all business travel kicks off again. BA- extend the offer to frequent flyers all year round, and we’ll take you seriously.

Fastflyer
    Participant

BA are as good as their word, my flight to Istanbul on Wednesday pushed back 18 minutes after the scheduled departure time and today I got an email apologising for the late departure and confirming 5000 BA miles would be added to my account (I had registered for the offer).

DoorsToAutomatic
    Participant

Departure is the push-back time from stand,not take off,as many passengers wrongly believe,just like arrival time is the time when the aircraft gets on stand, not touch down on the run way.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls