BA NO Food From 3/8/09

Back to Forum
Viewing 3 posts - 46 through 48 (of 48 total)

• continentalclub
    Participant

“BA rapidly appears to be moulding itself to fit the low-cost,no-frills model.”

Tell that to someone sitting in Galleries First prior to their shorthaul flight by virtue of their BA Gold Card. Or someone sleeping in Club World. Or someone who’s interlined their baggage. Or suffered a misconnect or overnight delay. Or. Or. Or.

Be in no doubt; BA is modelling itself on the realities of the current Western economic situation, and if it’s aping other carriers then those carriers are Lufthansa and Air France – who are taking exactly the same kind of steps that BA are within their own operations. To suggest otherwise is laughable.

I may not agree with every decision that BA makes, nor LH, nor VS nor anyone else, but I will only report personal experience and I will defend any and all of them against unreasonable or unfounded comment.

Airpocket
    Participant

Continental Club aren’t YOU a crusader (defender of airlines against unfounded and unreasonable comments)!Do you have a cape,too? Maybe you and Vintage Krug should team up, as a sort of a double act, like Batman and Robin. However, please tone down the campness if you do decide to follow my suggestion. I mean, its going to be pretty obscene as it is seeing two middle-aged types bulging out of their skin tight costumes (by the way, who will wear BA’s colours?Will you and VK be fighting over this?) without the added campness!

NTarrant
    Participant

What is it with these threads that concern BA that turn into slanging matches between contributors. Airpocket accuses continentalclub for being a crusader along with VintageKrug. When one looks through the other threads you have contributed on Airpocket they are all anti-BA. Its not what you say, its the way you say it.

You can add me as a crusader if you like, like ContinentalClub, I don’t always agree with what BA do and sometimes they do shoot themselves in the foot and I do wonder if it is time for Willie Walsh to step down. But I am pleased to be able to share my experiences good or bad on this site and make constructive comments to those made by others. There is also the learning process as well, VK learnt from me on another thread recently and equally I learnt from him on another. That is what it is supposed to be about, isn’t it?

Viewing 3 posts - 46 through 48 (of 48 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls