BA – new USA route.

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 45 total)

• rferguson
    Participant

BA has announced internally (and officially) that a new US route will be announced within days.

Place your bets!

canucklad
    Participant

Portland at 16/1

rferguson
    Participant

[quote quote=898127]Portland at 16/1[/quote]

Yes I think that’s a pretty good bet. I reckon St Louis could be in there with a chance as well.

theworldtraveller
    Participant

And I guess being a new route, it has to be on the Dreamliner

MarkivJ
    Participant

Can I go with 3?

St.Louis, Indianapolis or Portland.

I always wondered why they didn’t start direct flights from Portland earlier, but with YVR, SFO and SEA all being fairly big BA markets, they probably want to use PDX for Transit traffic through these cities

AlanOrton1
    Participant

My money would be on Indianapolis.

Strictly speaking Portland wouldn’t be a ‘new’ route as it was operated, albeit for a short while, from LGW.

AMcWhirter
    Participant

Not sure about St Louis.

Has Wow Air over-expanded?

rferguson
    Participant

Alex Cruz is travelling to nyc this morning for a station brief at 14:30. Perhaps it will be the new route announcement, or could be unrelated.

canucklad
    Participant

It’s actually harder than you think, BA’s love of all things Yankee Doodle Dandy means its hard to find a city they don’t already serve.
    Was going to suggest Pittsburgh after reading an article about its tech sector, then remembered they’ve already announced it?

I’m going to go way out here and say……

LGW-HNL as a new leisure route with the Dreamliner. (Not sure if it has the range)
    or
    LHR – MSP, if they have the balls to take SkyTeam head on.
    and as a long shot…Albuquerque

sparkyflier
    Participant

I am inclined to say St Louis. I know Wow Air has pulled out, but maybe BA potentially going is a reason why they have, after all there are no other transatlantic routes from there.

An outside bet could be Kansas City.

Another potential route on either BA or AA could be an ORD or PHL route but into LGW to feed their now extensive network there.

Tallinnman
    Participant

HNL would be interesting if it came off. Easily within range for both 787 variants operated and why not from LHR. Great guess Canucklad.

ImissConcorde
    Participant

Wouldn’t put my money on HNL. It just would not have the required level of premium business.

Jasonltd1
    Participant

Is the route likely to be from LGW (since OAK has been canned)? The only rumour I heard was LGW-SFO (Clearly not a new route though)

AMcWhirter
    Participant

I doubt if it would be HNL. By the time you get that far a European airline might as well continue to Oz and make an RTW service of it. There’s also the consideration of fuel prices and these very long flights are fuel inefficient.

Back in the days of the VC-10 BOAC used to operate from LHR to Australia via the Pacific with several en route stops which included HNL.

2 users thanked author for this post.

rferguson
    Participant

[quote quote=898288]Is the route likely to be from LGW (since OAK has been canned)? The only rumour I heard was LGW-SFO (Clearly not a new route though)[/quote]

Could be. The comms never said ex LHR.

There is a rumour (I emphasise rumour) that the new destination will only be served 2 x weekly which would make me lean towards a leisure route. Guess we’ll find out soon.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 45 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls